Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Delver01's recent work 12/18/15

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Delver01's recent work

Post by Delver01 »

benefields wrote:These are all great. I've been wanting to do a phone case but I have too many projects at the moment!

Question - what did you do to create the onesies? It looks like you might just be sewing the already stitched pattern from Aida (or other) cloth onto the outfit instead of stitching directly on the cloth. If yes, how did that work out for you? (I have a friend who recently had a baby and I have been trying to get some Hanukkah gift ideas for him.)
Close. I stitched the whole pattern through both the aida and the onesie cloth, then trimmed the edges off of the aida. Gives it a fuzzy border to the pattern once you wash it and clean it up a bit.

benefields
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by benefields »

Delver01 wrote:Close. I stitched the whole pattern through both the aida and the onesie cloth, then trimmed the edges off of the aida. Gives it a fuzzy border to the pattern once you wash it and clean it up a bit.
Thank you! I look forward to giving something like this a shot.

WickedStitches
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by WickedStitches »

Delver01 wrote:
benefields wrote:These are all great. I've been wanting to do a phone case but I have too many projects at the moment!

Question - what did you do to create the onesies? It looks like you might just be sewing the already stitched pattern from Aida (or other) cloth onto the outfit instead of stitching directly on the cloth. If yes, how did that work out for you? (I have a friend who recently had a baby and I have been trying to get some Hanukkah gift ideas for him.)
Close. I stitched the whole pattern through both the aida and the onesie cloth, then trimmed the edges off of the aida. Gives it a fuzzy border to the pattern once you wash it and clean it up a bit.
Do you think that works better than stitching with waste canvas? I'm about to do a few onesies myself!
Currently stitching:
Hyrule light world map (~30%)

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

I've only done waste canvas once, but it was definitely cleaner than what I did on the onesies.

AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by AvFan4vr »

I've used waste canvas quite a bit in the past on other clothing stitching and it's worked great. Just be sure to have some tweezers on hand. :)

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

Spoiler
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Sephiroth r.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 8566 times
Just finished a Sephiroth stitch.

Credit for the sprite here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/mobile ... eet/70256/

benefields
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by benefields »

That Sephiroth is amazing! What size is the finished result?

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

On 14 count cloth, final size is ~8 inches wide by ~7 inches tall. Pattern here, if you're interested, though I didn't use the specified colors for his skin tones. I just eyeballed those.
Attachments
Sephiroth.PAT
PC Stitch Pattern
(53.25 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

Spoiler
General
General
General_r.jpg (43.41 KiB) Viewed 8477 times
Just finished a free-standing General from Fire Emblem. I didn't follow the color palette from the game, but I like how it turned out.

bulbasaur
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by bulbasaur »

Ah, that looks awesome! I love that it stands on its own. I also love the Sephiroth project! Thanks for the pattern. :)