Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon - all gens!

video game related pattern requests...
samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Pokemon - all gens!

Post by samarin »

Unfortunately i didn't keep track of exactly what i changed on each pokemon, it has been quite a while since the start. I could post my .sth file, but it probably wouldn't be useable for stitching since i add a lot of lines and color changes to track where i am.

As far as i know, no one else is working on this, or at least no one is posting WIPs of it anywhere that i have seen. 28ct over 1 would really reduce the size, but i kinda want it to be huge for all the time i am putting into it.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

I'm working on it as well (on 14-count -- the only count I could find a bolt of in my area). However, it's going much more slowly than yours is :)

Comipa
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Comipa »

I just started this one and chose to do it on as few pieces of 18ct Aida as I could find in stores. I found 29.5in x 36in white Aida. With that size I could do the whole thing on 4 pieces of cloth.

My problem comes with simply handling the sheer amount of cloth. How would you fine people work on giant aida? Before this, the biggest thing I did were the Kinkade Disney kits.

Also, I've never washed fabric before and am nervous to do so but I read somewhere that washing, blocking, and ironing helps make it look more professional. Again, it's white aida and there's a lot of dark colors going into this thing. What would y'all recommend?

I plan to make the finished piece into a giant wall scroll with wooden dowels at the top and bottom and leave the sides raw (a little cleanup maybe).

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

sounds just like how mine is going! I am using a few large jaw type hair clips to keep the top and bottom rolled. Also, if you are using dmc thread, there shouldnt be a problem washing it, they are supposed to be color true, and i have never had an issue before. there are some great how to's on how to wash, block, etc on the forums when the time come. Good luck!
WIPs
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing

Comipa
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Comipa »

samarin wrote:sounds just like how mine is going! I am using a few large jaw type hair clips to keep the top and bottom rolled. Also, if you are using dmc thread, there shouldnt be a problem washing it, they are supposed to be color true, and i have never had an issue before. there are some great how to's on how to wash, block, etc on the forums when the time come. Good luck!
Thanks! After much frustration I have decided to give up one the huge fabric and opt for smaller 15in x 18in aida in black. I think black fabric will make the pokemon pop out more than the white fabric and because of the way I stitch (in hand, bottom to top, right to left) it should be MUCH easier... even if I'll need 15ish fabrics instead of the 4 large pieces. :yahoo:

Now to actually FIND 18ct black aida... :banghead:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Comipa wrote:
samarin wrote:sounds just like how mine is going! I am using a few large jaw type hair clips to keep the top and bottom rolled. Also, if you are using dmc thread, there shouldnt be a problem washing it, they are supposed to be color true, and i have never had an issue before. there are some great how to's on how to wash, block, etc on the forums when the time come. Good luck!
Thanks! After much frustration I have decided to give up one the huge fabric and opt for smaller 15in x 18in aida in black. I think black fabric will make the pokemon pop out more than the white fabric and because of the way I stitch (in hand, bottom to top, right to left) it should be MUCH easier... even if I'll need 15ish fabrics instead of the 4 large pieces. :yahoo:

Good luck finding the fabric! If you live in the US, I recommend 123Stitch if you can't find the aida you need in a store.
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

Firehawke wrote:
Comipa wrote:

Good luck finding the fabric! If you live in the US, I recommend 123Stitch if you can't find the aida you need in a store.
Even outside the US, the shipping rates are decent and the service is great.
WIPs
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing

angeliz378
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by angeliz378 »

I was able to enter the file/picture of the original All Pokemon design into a free website call Pic2Pat.com and it converted it to a pattern just fine. It offers different levels of detail with different options of how many colors you use. With the highest number, it's 75 colors. It then allows you to download whichever option you'd like & print it out. Just thought I'd share.

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Hmm, the pattern I'm using from the other thread has a lot more colors xD I'm finding it kinda fun, though. Too bad 6th gen has already come out. Maybe I'll have this done by the time gen 10 comes out? Then I could do one of gens 6-10!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

angeliz378 wrote:I was able to enter the file/picture of the original All Pokemon design into a free website call Pic2Pat.com and it converted it to a pattern just fine. It offers different levels of detail with different options of how many colors you use. With the highest number, it's 75 colors. It then allows you to download whichever option you'd like & print it out. Just thought I'd share.
Thank you for the share. I'm familiar with Pic2Pat, as I'm sure others here are too. It's pretty good for an online thing, as long as you don't mind its limitations. As for using this image, I was not able to get a pattern from it that clearly defined all sprites, as is kinda necessary for a pattern like this. Even with maxing all options, it came out pretty much unusable. And 75 colours is not even close to enough. Don't get me wrong, I like Pic2Pat, it's just not really good for huge patterns with lots of detail!
Just to see what would happen, I ran it through PCStitch and it returned a pattern containing nearly all of the DMC palette. The size of the image caused several memory problems, which were kind of amusing. And just to see what it would look like at 75 colours, I tried again. It lost so much that lots of the 'mon were the same colour, where they weren't before, and it was nowhere near as vibrant an image.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...