Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Harvest Moon patterns?

video game related pattern requests...
pinkcatflower
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Harvest Moon patterns?

Post by pinkcatflower »

I love Harvest Moon, and I've been wanting to make a cross stitch of it for my first project :) I haven't been able to find any Harvest Moon SNES patterns anyone's made on google... the only two I seem to have found are on here. There is one in the header on the blog sometimes. It's actually pretty along the lines of what I want to make:

Another one seems to be in someone's profile pic, I think their name may be.."ellentje?"

Now I don't necessarily need a pattern made for me, I was thinking of trying to do it myself. I'd just like to see anyone else's for inspiration and well, just cos I love Harvest Moon :D

I'm wondering what to do for background and how to position sprites. I was thinking of Jack, cow and chicken... but the horse and dog are so cute too! :D

So if anyone has advice on it, or links to other people's cool stuff I'd appreciate it! :)

p.s this website is great, I compiled a whole word document that has all the info I need as a beginner mainly from you guys :)
I'm always keen to get to know cool people! :) Let's be friends :)

amneufeld
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Harvest Moon patterns?

Post by amneufeld »

I was wondering if the name was just a coincidence or not. I'm a huge HM fan myself, and I work with Natsume currently. Every day they are on my schedule I give a little Fangirl squee.
I have a couple small HM patterns from MM but they are currently trapped on the laptop. As soon as I get them transferred I will post them up.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

You said you wanted to make the pattern yourself, so heres where to find all the stuff you need.

http://charas-project.net/resources.php - search "harvest moon" and you'll see all the tile sets (backgrounds, houses), from the snes version, including different times of year so you can do winter, spring, whatever. As for the background, it depends how big you want the pattern. If you're doing big, put them in front of the house, so it looks like a family photo. If small, I think standard dirt would probs be your best bet.

http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=sh ... y=8&ga=291 - all the different sprites from the snes version. Including all the animals you mentioned, including the other random animals like squirrel, bird, bird in cage, etc. Also all the jack sprites so you can have him going some work if you want.

Is this your first custom pattern? I suggest you use KG chart if it is :D
I think that's all you asked for. Also, welcome!

pinkcatflower
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by pinkcatflower »

amneufeld, I can't believe you work for Natsume, that's SO COOL! :D I'm so pleased someone out there got my name's reference, haha. And it's great to meet a fellow HM fan of course :)

Lord Libidan, thanks for your very helpful post! :D I had the sprites, but the background will be very helpful I suspect :)

I am thinking of making the pattern double size (ie one pixel= 2 X tall and 2 X wide) I'm not sure how to get KG Chart to kindly double it for me! (It likes to blur the pixels together when I do that)

Also thanks for your welcome and thanks again heaps for your help :)

Ellentje
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Ellentje »

Hi! Good to see another Harvest Moon fan here :D I didn't see your post until now, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on the forums the last couple of weeks.

I actually made the sprite in my profile pic with PixelHobby (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2164), so I don't have a cross stitch pattern for it. But I do have the picture I made using the sprites on http://www.spriters-resource.com. If you want to I could easily turn it into a cross stitch pattern.

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

KG doesn't really like doubling sprites. It would work best if you first double the sprite in a program such as Photoshop (turn off anti-aliasing) and then run it through KG-chart. If you don't have any program that is able to do that I could do it for you.

Keep us posted on your project! :nod

pinkcatflower
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by pinkcatflower »

Thanks for the offer of the pattern but I've finished making mine and I think I'll post some progress :) I didn't end up doubling it in the end and it's looking good :)