Resident Evil 2 Remake Large Project

video game related pattern requests...
Hommeric
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Resident Evil 2 Remake Large Project

Post by Hommeric »

Hello Everyone!

I need some help. I'm trying to create a pattern for this image of Resident Evil 2 Remake, but i just can't seem to make it work.
Spoiler
When I try to make patterns for myself, I usually use Photoshop to resize, index the colors and grid the image. This method works fine with smaller and less complex images, but not for this case. Since there's o many colors it's really hard to make it work.

So far, i've resized and indexed 20 colors for the image, and this is the result.
Spoiler
This image has 1500x1400 pixels, which would convert into 300x280 stitches.

Since I wasn't able to identify every color in photoshop, I tried to leave that job to some software. I tried it on PCStitch (the free version) and some random free websites, without any good result. The image usually just turn all blue, including Leon's and Claire's faces. It's just sad.

So, can someone help me out? Btw, I'll be using Anchor for this project.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Large Project

Post by blackmageheart »

Are you wanting to limit the thread colours to 20? If so, I suspect that's the root of the problem. I've found that a big jpg like this turns out badly when you reduce colours too far.

This is what PCStitch gives me if I set your 2nd image to 300x280 and Anchor cotton. I didn't limit the colours so I could see what it would do - I usually work back from this point:
Spoiler
RE2R-test.png
In that test, 255 colours is what it wanted to be. We *can* go back from there by gradually reducing colours but it will start to lose detail - and in my experience PCStitch likes to reduce blues first!

Here's the same pattern, reduced to 150 colours:
Spoiler
RE2R-test2.png
Leon's looking a bit more patchy here, as are the zoms and the general misty look. It's not bad, overall.

I would suggest considering a much larger palette than 20 colours to make it work best, I'm thinking the lowest number it'll probably still look ok at would be around the 80 mark. But obviously the more colours the better!

I hope that helps some, and if you need assistance making the pattern in PCStitch I'm more than happy to help! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

My version:
30 x 28 cm
75 DMC color thread
re 2.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByOvi
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

ovi.sergiu wrote:My version:
30 x 28 cm
75 DMC color thread
Could you post actual pattern files instead of just a picture, please? That would be more helpful!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

re 2.pdf
(181.11 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
Sure, here it is!
I did not know if it is OK to post the PDF, but here you go.
It is just a rough try so if you want it to stitch, I can put some more work into it.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByOvi
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.