Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

OoT medallions and stones

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

OoT medallions and stones

Post by skater43 »

Long time lurker, first time poster. :) On my way to drop this off to be framed, but wanted to share a picture now. https://imgur.com/SkamymV Credit goes to TheMidwestStitchery https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMidwestSti ... der-avatar for the medallions pattern and our own @blackmageheart for not only coming up with the original patterns for the Spiritual Stones, but she was also willing to convert them to normal threads for me.

Did needlepoint for a few years here and there, doing various projects for friends, but the past couple of years I've been doing some cross-stitch for myself. Few of my other works can be seen at http://skater143.imgur.com The "a winner is you" picture was actually a donation prize for AGDQ 2019 a couple of weeks ago, so I was happy to contribute to the cause. May not be a speedrunner, but I can help in other ways.

Got a couple of possibles for my next project. I've started another screenshot picture, this time of Zelda 2, but that's going to be a long term (prolly year+) project. Tentative plan is to do one project for each of the Zelda games I've beaten (being my favorite series and all) and I've got patterns for ALttP and LA that would be less involved than my Zelda 2 one, so might knock out one/both of those in the coming months. Also got some ideas for future GDQ events, though those would be fairly small scale/only take a couple of weeks.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: OoT medallions and stones

Post by blackmageheart »

Oh, they look great! Hope you'll share a photo after framing :D

Can't wait to see your future projects!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

Welcome aboard Skater43, I've also sent a couple projects off to AGDQ / SGDQ. Be sure to post the WIP's of your next big projects. We're all a team here.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Such a lovely project! Have fun stitching more Zelda stuff!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Thank you. Zelda is my favorite series, so I have a tenitive plan to do something for each of the games in the series I've beaten. Done LoZ, MM and OoT and have patterns for LA, AoL, WW and ALttP. We knock those out, I'll see about TP and some of the handheld games. I've got screenshot projects for FF1, DW1, Castlevania 2, MM2, but those are huge projects, so those may be done the road a while. I like NES games because of the limited colors and the fact that one pixel easily corresponds to one stitch, but 256x224 is a big picture, even at 18 count. My SMB picture took the better part of a year, about an hour a day, and that's mostly nothing. I've started on my Zelda 2 project (see attached, ignore the odd colors on the bricks, those were just marks to help me keep track of where I was), no WIP picture but I've basically stitched up the left side and started across the top row of bricks, just to get a border/reference points, but I may mix in some smaller/shorter projects this year as well. Other concern, other than time, is finding place on my walls to hang these, but I think that's a good problem to have. :)
Attachments
zelda2aol-33.png
zelda2aol-33.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 8311 times

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Finally got it back from the framers (like their work, they are close by, but if I need something in a hurry, I might want to look elsewhere): https://imgur.com/voJoqnZ Frame itself is just a boring black one, which you can't really see in the picture, but you can see the important stuff. So, that makes three Zelda games down, 1 in progress and a few more to go. :)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It looks great!!! Congrats on getting the framing done!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson