Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Kanto Map

video game related pattern requests...
MaryNara
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Kanto Map

Post by MaryNara »

As many of you have probably seen, a new trailer for the games revealed the Kanto map for the games yesterday. It has all gen 1 Pokemon in it, so it would be such an awesome long term project. If anyone can make this into a pattern, you are awesome.
Attachments
Kanto Map.pdf
(560.79 KiB) Downloaded 423 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Kanto Map

Post by blackmageheart »

Hey MaryNara, your file isn't working for me (says it's corrupted or damaged and can't open.) Do you have an actual picture we can work from rather than a PDF? :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

MaryNara
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by MaryNara »

Sorry about that! Here it is as a png file.
Attachments
Kanto Map.png

moonfirecat4
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by moonfirecat4 »

Were you able to find a pattern for this image? I'm also very interested in doing a large project like this.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, MaryNara (and moonfirecat4)

Here is a pattern, but I do have to warn you it is large and has quite a lot of colours. On 14ct aida it will be 34.29" x 24.29" (that's 480 x 340 stitches, which is half the original image size.)
Please let me know if it's ok, or if you would like me to work on a smaller version or one with less colours :)

Pattern preview:
Spoiler
Kanto Map (MaryNara request).png
PDF file:
Kanto Map (MaryNara request).pdf
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 369 times
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

moonfirecat4
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by moonfirecat4 »

This is gonna be a crazy question...but is there anyway to make the pattern into more pages? I'm only 24 but my eye sight is....lacking. it would be amazing if the pattern boxes were bigger. I'm not quite sure how to do it.

moonfirecat4
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by moonfirecat4 »

Also how well do you think the pokemon on the map are going to come out? Do you think it would need to be bigger to get them to look sorta like the actual pokemon? Thank you for all of this by the way! It's REALLY lovely!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

moonfirecat4 wrote:This is gonna be a crazy question...but is there anyway to make the pattern into more pages? I'm only 24 but my eye sight is....lacking. it would be amazing if the pattern boxes were bigger. I'm not quite sure how to do it.
Yeah I can see if the pattern program will be good enough to let me do so. But just so you know, you can zoom using most PDF readers :)
moonfirecat4 wrote:Also how well do you think the pokemon on the map are going to come out? Do you think it would need to be bigger to get them to look sorta like the actual pokemon? Thank you for all of this by the way! It's REALLY lovely!
They don't even look like actual Pokemon up close in the big one either! When you stand back you can see what they're supposed to be but making it bigger won't really solve this issue very much. That said, I will give it a go and see how it turns out!

moonfirecat4
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by moonfirecat4 »

THank you! I know I'm coming off super picky but your help is GREATLY appreciated!

MaryNara
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by MaryNara »

Blackmageheart, thank you so much! Sorry for such a delay, I forgot to check back on this forum. I like the pattern you made, but am also curious to see how it looks after moonfirecat4's queries as well. I can't wait to start working on this! It will probably take me years to finish, but I'm so excited. Thanks for your hard work!!