Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Adventure Island Coaster Set

amber

Adventure Island Coaster Set

Post by amber »

This is my first time posting here. Thought I'd share these Adventure Island coasters I made with Perler Beads. I've always loved the look of these dinosaurs, (even if they're not scientifically accurate!) and loved playing this game as a teenager.

You can read more about Adventure Island here on my blog: http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/2008 ... r-set.html

Thanks for looking! Comments always welcome.

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Adventure Island Coaster Set

Post by gillianms »

I really love these coasters! They're adorable, and so nicely done. I've never played the game, I should check it out.

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by biostitch2point0 »

cute!!

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

They look good. I'm just getting into bead sprites. I've only done two so far, and I'm still getting the hang of ironing, but I'm getting better :) I'm seen a lot of those dragons also, I guess that game is popular to make bead sprites from.

And I know I'm no mod or owner or anything, but we can cut back on the one word replies? Maybe I'm just so used to that rule on the other forum I frequent, but they really don't add much content to a thread. Perhaps say what you think is cute about it as well?
Image Image

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

gillianms wrote:I really love these coasters! They're adorable, and so nicely done. I've never played the game, I should check it out.
There are a couple of different versions on Virtual Console if you've got a Wii. A baffling number of them, actually considering there are at least two different versions of the first game on several consoles.

Fun fact: the fourth game in this series — itself a branch of the Wonder Boy series — was the very last game every produced for the Famicom!

But I digress. Those came out quite well. I'm trying to get into these Perler beads myself, as I've mentioned elsewhere but the seemingly endless sorting has me stymied. I'm really thinking these bead thingies could make excellent xmas tree ornaments.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

benjibot wrote:There are a couple of different versions on Virtual Console if you've got a Wii. A baffling number of them, actually considering there are at least two different versions of the first game on several consoles.
I do indeed have a Wii. Which version of the game would you recommend I try first?

poetinme
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by poetinme »

that is my absolute fave game to play! i'm working on a cross stitch version of a few things from the game.
your coasters turned out awesome!

amber

Post by amber »

Hi everyone, thanks for all the compliments
benjibot when you say
the seemingly endless sorting has me stymied
do you mean separating the perler beads into different color groups? If so, I have the big jar of 10,000 mixed beads so I sympathize. What I did was bought a bag of just black perler beads. Cause you always seem to need black! And then with the large jar I find that the best way to separate them is to stab them onto a toothpick. You can dig in the jar with a toothpick and pull out the colour you need. I find this goes much faster than digging through them with my fingers.

poetinme, if you finish an Adventure Island cross stitch I'd love to see it. When I was making these I spent a lot of time searching Google, Craftster and a few other places looking to see what else people had made with Adventure Island sprites. I was disappointed to see there wasn't much out there.

I'm thinking of doing a second set of coasters that just depicts what Higgins looks like when he's dying. Too gruesome? Maybe, but I really like the graphic of him when he jumps on a fire, or the weird bulging eyes look he has when he falls from a platform. :grin:

MistWraith
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by MistWraith »

Damn, those are super sweet. Well Done.

jmdennisyourface
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by jmdennisyourface »

I loved Adventure Island as a kid! That's some quality fusing.