Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

8-bit mini-hama keys from various video games

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

8-bit mini-hama keys from various video games

Post by Pixel Stitches »

Hey everyone!

Figured I may as well share my next project I've been working on. I'm going to be making a bunch of keys from different video games and putting them on a keyring together! That way if I get stuck in one of the games in some parallel dimension (Nick Arcade), I will have every key I need to get outta there! lol. :mspac I also plan on selling them individually for people's keyrings, or as keychains themselves at my Etsy store soon. Anywhoo, take a look at which one's I've made so far:

Key from the arcade version of Pac-Man!

Key from Super Mario World on the SNES.

Key from Monster Party on the NES.

Key from Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts on the SNES.

All the keys together!

They are all about regular key sized (maybe MasterLock sized for the Mario World one, to a little larger than a house key for the SG'NG one), and I plan on alternating the sizes of the other ones to come as well.

I'm going to be making many more and will post them as they are made. Zelda's Master Key, and the key from Supar Mario 2 will be made next. And if anyone's interested like I mentioned, keep an eye out at my Etsy shop! These keys should be up shortly along with some others; just click the link in my signature.

Thanks everybody, and hope you like them!

Daizeh
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: 8-bit mini-hama keys from various video games

Post by Daizeh »

Bamiyan wrote:That way if I get stuck in one of the games in some parallel dimension (Nick Arcade), I will have every key I need to get outta there! lol.
I like the way you think :D Very cool idea.

julie
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by julie »

Whoa, cool! I've never seen square hana/perler beads before.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Very Cute! You could also put them in a shadow box with the words "In Case of Video Game-Parallel dimension Emergency" painted on the glass. :zelda
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Autumn
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Autumn »

Yay! I appreciate your sprite choice. The keys are all interesting, and so iconic to their games, and not often depicted! Nice work.

xhouseatlantic
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by xhouseatlantic »

Are they sturdy enough to hook to an actual keyring? I know nothing of hama beads or perler beads but they're cute, and I think it would be funny to attach a fake key to my keyring which has like 10+ keys already on it. lol

EDIT: WOW, definitely leaped over the first paragraph before the pictures and read the bottom paragraph. D'oh! I guess my first question still stands: how sturdy are they?
Hello? Are you still there?

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

xhouseatlantic wrote:Are they sturdy enough to hook to an actual keyring? I know nothing of hama beads or perler beads but they're cute, and I think it would be funny to attach a fake key to my keyring which has like 10+ keys already on it. lol

EDIT: WOW, definitely leaped over the first paragraph before the pictures and read the bottom paragraph. D'oh! I guess my first question still stands: how sturdy are they?
They are sturdy in the sense that they won't rip or break on you, and you can definitally put them on a keyring (like I said I was gonna do and such), but they are bendable as well. So structurally sound, just not hard or non-giving, if that makes sense. Guess it depends on your definition of sturdy :nod

xhouseatlantic
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by xhouseatlantic »

I just meant sturdy in the sense that they wouldn't break from use on a keyring. I'm pretty unforgiving with my keys so I'd be afraid to stick it on there and then have it break. Also, are you still planning to make them for your Etsy? I just noticed that the post was from the end of August.

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

Oh yeah, they shouldn't break, like I said they're pretty flexable and all :nod

And yes I am going to still, but I've been super busy lately D: I have a convention coming up this weekend that I have been making stuff for, and a cross-country move literally a couple days after I get back from that, so I wouldn't be settled in to be able to make them for Etsy until probably the beginning of November at the earliest. I will definitally post a link in this thread once I do get them up :D

Also, I'm probably going to be making a couple of them for the convention, incase anyone's going to EXPcon in St. Augustine, FL, you'll see me there :peach

xhouseatlantic
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by xhouseatlantic »

Alright, I'll check back around the beginning to mid-November. Thanks!