Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zoids Pattern

Kamisha
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Zoids Pattern

Post by Kamisha »

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a project I've been trying to do. I've been trying to do a Raven from Zoids: Chaotic Century perler bead portrait and Shadow as well. I was hoping I could just do it through Paint by adding gridlines, but the face doesn't seem to be translating very well.

Does any one have any suggestions for what software I should use to create a better pattern? Ideally I would like them to be magnets so not too large, but I still want to be able to tell what they are.

Here are the pictures.
Attachments
Shadow
Shadow
shadow grid.png (182.98 KiB) Viewed 23596 times
Raven
Raven
Raven.png (155.6 KiB) Viewed 23596 times

ZenAlpha
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Zoids Pattern

Post by ZenAlpha »

I hate to be a negative nancy, but I don't think you're going to be able to pull that off in a small form. Perler beads work best when replicating sprites/pixel graphics and if you tried to pixelize those two images you posted your end result would either be bigger than a table, or would barely resemble the starting image. You could try Bead It! for IOS. I've never used it but I hear it has grid and color swap abilities and might work for you. Anyways, I hope you prove me wrong because they would make cool magnets!

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

Maybe you could use images of the characters from a game? Sprites are so much easier to make into patterns. I found these here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/zoi ... eet/61407/

It looks like the characters you want to make are on there.

Kamisha
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Kamisha »

Thanks for the advice guys. I had actually tried to use a sprite from that website before and the black outline wasn't really translating as well as I thought for that either. I ended up going with a different image that's obviously going to be bigger than a regular sized magnet, but I might add magnetic strips to it and make it one. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

This is the image I ended up using, and so far it's working pretty well. I'm having to redo some of the facial features but I think it'll work.
Attachments
raven yelling.png
raven yelling.png (174.78 KiB) Viewed 23551 times