Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Artemis251's Perler projects -

Artemis251
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Artemis251's Perler projects -

Post by Artemis251 »

Hello, all. After lurking on the main blog for quite a while I decided to join the forums and share some of the stuff that my girlfriend and I made. I hope you like 'em!

My first project was a Chozo from Super Metroid. The picture's a little dark; I'll have to get a better one someday.

The neat thing is that his item is interchangeable. Here are a few of the items we made to switch out. We finished off the beams later, but they're not in the pic.

Following the Super Metroid motif, I made this large Ridley next. The Metroid glows in the dark, too! Click here to see it full-size.

My girlfriend helped with these little Djinni from Golden Sun. I made the Venus and Mars and she made the Mercury and Jupiter. The flash made some of the beads look a lot brighter than they are in real life, which is weird. :/

My girlfriend made our favorite summon, Atalanta.

My most recent creation, a custom sprite I made of Giegue from MOTHER (EarthBound Zero in English). Click here to see it full-size.

We're workin' on some new stuff as well, including a large Flammie from Secret of Mana. I'll be sure to post it when we finish!
Last edited by Artemis251 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyami
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Artemis251's Perler projects -

Post by nyami »

Love Atalanta! And the Djinni too, I love Golden Sun!

I never thought of doing a summon.....must add this to my cross stitch list....

Keep up the good work!

librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by librebel »

WOW! :shock:

I cannot imagine working with all those tiny beads and that level of detail. All the perler bead projects impress me but the size and the detail of these is jaw-dropping.

Perler enthusiasts, I don't know how you do it. I'd rather go blind stitching than try to keep all those beads in order. Much respect. :clap:

jeala
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by jeala »

Wow, these are amazing! :D I love the smaller peices as well, but those bigger ones are great! They have so much detail in them. . . I give you credit for doing them because I'd have given up!

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Those are boss!! Nice work!!

Dragoniron7
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Dragoniron7 »

some really nice stuff there.

Artemis251
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Artemis251 »

A few new ones~

Misdreavus, my favorite pokemon. :)

Alexander, from FFVI. So far, he's probably the biggest I've done.

Flammie from Secret of Mana. The in-game sprite is a little less detailed; I modified it a bit to make it better-shaded.

Now then, I'll probably not be here for a while because I'm hard at work on a huge new project. When it's done, it'll be about 7 feet high and use around 34050 beads. :O

Holly

Post by Holly »

I've always wanted to do Alexandr, but I could never match the colors perfectly. Looks like you improvised really well!

Artemis251
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Artemis251 »

Alright. I have a HUGE, fairly epic craft that is awaiting one final touch before I call it complete. It may be a little while longer, but here's a silly one in the mean time:

Oh no, it's Missingno.! Now you have 129 of your fifth item!

ultimicea
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ultimicea »

I saw the Atlanta on Deviant Art and I'm glad to see it here! Awesome job and as well for the Earthbound Mother one and the Alexander. ok they're all awesome! :D