Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

How do you store your floss?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: How do you store your floss?

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

I have discovered that VHS tape cases are just the right hight to hold skeins. So now my 'Box' of skeins is replaced with labelled VHS boxes containing skeins in ranges 500-600, 3000-3700 etc.
gamerwolff wrote:I sooooooooo want this cabinet though.

http://charlescraft.com/limitededitionb ... binet.aspx

I likey! :grin:
I would happy swap for one of them if I had the space. One day!
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

redkait
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by redkait »

My boyfriend just bought me this at Lowes:

http://www.stack-on.com/categories/draw ... oducts/164

The top thinner drawers fit the bobbins wonderfully and you can fit about 12 full bobbins in there. They're also good length for skeins as well. You have to lay them down sideways but it's fit's so perfectly it's great! The larger drawers are great for your supplies and holding skeins, scissors, pin cushions, and other supplies. It doesn't come with them, but there are dividers you can buy (or make out of cardstock like I am) and insert in the drawers for more organization. The best thing though is that it's wall mountable!! I'm not sure if I'm actually going to mount it or not, but it'd be awesome to have all my supplies hung up like that!

Stack-on, the company that makes this, makes some other really cool organization cabinets, like one that's completely just 60 of the thin drawers which would be great for people that have loads of bobbins. This definitely satisfies the OCD organizer in me!!
WIP
Cowthulu: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4376
Companion Cube (on hold)

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

This is what i have all my beads in....I have 6 of these full hanging in my workroom...and beside it is a metal mesh drawer thing i stack by bobbin boxes in. I love these cause they're wall mountable. :grin:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

TristaKatagata
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by TristaKatagata »

I currently only have 2 bobbin holders, I have a feeling it'll be nearly 4 soon (Yikes!) and I don't have a real place to store it all. I've been thinking of going OCD on my room and completely rearranging it, so I could have better access... Take out my bookshelf, recycle papers and I've contemplated asking my mother to get tile in my room (and that'll never happen). But I need new spaaace. I've cramped myself in and, haha, well... Cleaning my whole room and organizing it for my two hobbies, I will definitely do it!

PLus, I WANT ALL THE THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD. I am tempted to go buy that wall mountable for my mother, she's a beader and loves making jewelry, so...
Projects:
EC challenge!
Hwoarang, Devil Jin and Miguel bookmarks/profiles from Tekken
Bloodline Rebellion Tekken 6 image
Languages of Love
and so many more

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

In my opinion for the beads. the wall mountable shelving units are THE BEST! I love them and there is such easy access to everything. :zelda
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

monkeypeaches
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by monkeypeaches »

Like many people, I am a $2 plastic organizer kind of girl. But I also use this box as a space to organize my current project. You can see from the picture that I keep a small pair of scissors and my Hello Kitty needle box in there. Then in the back part I keep cut strands of floss that I will continue to use for the project and I have a square designated for scrap bits. I have extra bobbins stored in here, and I have extra squares that can be used to plan out which color of thread I may want to use next. I have another box like this that stays in my office, but this box gets carted around with me from room to room depending on where I want to work!

My blog is a mishmash of my crafty/nerdy lollygagging
http://whimsydaisical.blogspot.com/

Anime I'm stitching along to: Sailor Moon R or Bleach

Image Image Image

WeeRamekin
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by WeeRamekin »

I have been using old baby wipe containers - I washed them out to get the smell out. And then put my floss in there. I usually put all the thread for each project into its' own container and label what project it is for. This past weekend I did go to Joann's and get a nice plastic container to hold thread I am not currently using.
WIP: Mario Through the Ages; Stitch-a-long Sampler; Portal Gift for BF; Learning to work with plastic canvas

Shazbang
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Shazbang »

I'm also a container girl but I have an issue in that I want to have the numbers facing up but then the lid won't close. I know I can put them sideways but I'd rather not!
image(3).jpeg
image(3).jpeg (209.78 KiB) Viewed 5291 times
These are what I have so far but I get more all the time as I need it! I like the idea of the little drawers for them but haven't found any that are both cheap and the right size! Currently all my cross stitch stuff is kept here:
image(2).jpeg
image(2).jpeg (198.4 KiB) Viewed 5291 times
which is great for mobility and accessibility but I've just bought a new house so I might have to make myself a little sewing nook or something to keep everything neatly stored!
http://reeree6924.deviantart.com/

Current Projects:
- Dimensions Tiger Kit
- Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast 5x7 kit (Up to the back stitching and french knots. Yuck.)
- Assorted small magnets to invade my fridge with

Ishtar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Ishtar »

I at the moment have them in sandwich bags in another bag in 100's.

I am considering maybe getting one of these though (want to get a look at first though):

For Aussies check out Howards Storage World. Found this in a magazine they produce.

Can have all those little bits and pieces for cross stitch and general craft in one spot... With shallow draws it isn't a piles on/dig to find issue so much AND it can be moved.

Could get my sewing, crochet, beading and quilling stuff all in one spot. Maybe some of my art stuff too!
"A bookshelf is as particular to its owner as are his or her clothes; a personality is stamped on a library just as a shoe is shaped by the foot" - Alan Bennett in 'The Library Book'

Image Image

Shazbang
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Shazbang »

Ishtar wrote:For Aussies check out Howards Storage World. Found this in a magazine they produce.
Howard's Storage World is the *! I have their 2013 catalogue on my desk and I often peruse through it longingly! Only 3 months til I move into my new house and then I'm heading straight there! :good:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know i couldn't say t*ts :P !
http://reeree6924.deviantart.com/

Current Projects:
- Dimensions Tiger Kit
- Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast 5x7 kit (Up to the back stitching and french knots. Yuck.)
- Assorted small magnets to invade my fridge with