Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Cross stitch bookmark

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Cross stitch bookmark

Post by techno-ninja »

I've never heard of vinyl aida- I shall check it out!

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

I made a bookmark using normal aida, and backed it when I was finished with some iron on mending patch stuff, which kept it nice and thin, hides the back of the piece pretty well (its not entirely opaque but I keep my work pretty neat) and holds it all in place... not entirely sure how it will hold up in the long run, but looks good for now :)

OhSnap9292
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by OhSnap9292 »

I've always wanted to make a bookmark but I'm afraid that the edges will fray. Do they have any special already cut clothes for making bookmarks, sorta like how they have special towels that you can stitch on?

techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by techno-ninja »

OhSnap9292 wrote:I've always wanted to make a bookmark but I'm afraid that the edges will fray. Do they have any special already cut clothes for making bookmarks, sorta like how they have special towels that you can stitch on?
you can by something called aida band, that has the egdes all prettified (it's a word.....i swear), all you need to do is stitch the top and bottom to stop that fraying. When i've made fabric bookmarks in the past i have used fray stop around the edges, folding it under and done a running backstitch all the way round. Hope that helps.

Oh and i think you can by pre-cut aida bookmarks, I have never used them though.

HerrPersilja
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by HerrPersilja »

I love the smell of melted perler beads in the morning