How to put grids on fabric

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
heather99
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

How to put grids on fabric

Post by heather99 »

Hey guys :)

So I've never before done a project where I've marked out, say, 10x10 grids on my aida (which was a terrible mistake in one particular project which I am only now getting back to) and I'm not sure exactly what's the best technique for doing that. What do you guys do? I've only been doing lots of smaller projects for quite a while now so none of them have needed guide lines, but I'm considering doing some bigger ones, and a bit of help with counting where stitches go would definitely be a good idea.

Thanks!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: How to put grids on fabric

Post by blackmageheart »

You can either use a pen with soluble ink (it comes out when washed) or you can use thread to mark out a grid. Personally I don't use either but I have tried both in the past, and I preferred the pen for grids. But I'd suggest trying both, and any other methods out there, and see which one is for you :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

heather99
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: How to put grids on fabric

Post by heather99 »

Thanks :) The pen option sounds a lot more appealing to me, rather than spending all that time to sew the guideline in at the start and trying to get it back out at the end again.