Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Frames For Larger Cross Stitch Projects

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
knicole09
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Frames For Larger Cross Stitch Projects

Post by knicole09 »

Hi there! I've been working on the epic pokemon pattern and the stained glass lothlorien. I've tried a couple different methods, I started using just a basic hoop and didn't like that so I switched to snap frames. I like using it with the lothlorien one but I don't like it too much with the pokemon one, maybe since I'm using black aida and it's hard to see. I'm not sure... but I switched to using a scroll frame to stitch that one since I can used two hands instead of one and get done a little faster. However the rods that I have aren't large enough and since I'm having to fold under some of the fabric to fit into the rods the tension isn't the same throughout. I've been trying to find over 30 inch rods online but I can't seem to find any. Any suggestions? How do you guy stitch larger projects?
Current Projects:
Lothlorien Glass: 1.2 out of 40 something pages complete :)
First Gen Epic Pokemon: 1.5 out of 30 something pages complete :)

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Frames For Larger Cross Stitch Projects

Post by Batboard »

I have the same problem. But I'm going to go to Home Depot or lowes and bring the rod with me and find a piece the same diameter and just use a table saw to create the split. Should be cheaper too. Not sure but they should be able to cut it for you too, but might have to find someone with a saw.

knicole09
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by knicole09 »

I found this on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL ... PDKIKX0DER I'm thinking about ordering it and trying to fix it to my stand somehow.
Current Projects:
Lothlorien Glass: 1.2 out of 40 something pages complete :)
First Gen Epic Pokemon: 1.5 out of 30 something pages complete :)

Rustyamnesia
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rustyamnesia »

knicole09 wrote:Hi there! I've been working on the epic pokemon pattern and the stained glass lothlorien. I've tried a couple different methods, I started using just a basic hoop and didn't like that so I switched to snap frames. I like using it with the lothlorien one but I don't like it too much with the pokemon one, maybe since I'm using black aida and it's hard to see. I'm not sure... but I switched to using a scroll frame to stitch that one since I can used two hands instead of one and get done a little faster. However the rods that I have aren't large enough and since I'm having to fold under some of the fabric to fit into the rods the tension isn't the same throughout. I've been trying to find over 30 inch rods online but I can't seem to find any. Any suggestions? How do you guy stitch larger projects?
I'm doing the Epic Pokemon stitch too and I'm using a 9x24 frame and the project fits fine within it.

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Scroll frames come in a few different forms, I made my own, so that I could easily make rods of different lengths. For some designs it is very easy to make replacement poles that are longer, but others (thinking ones with a groove in the pole) would be much harder.
Rustyamnesia wrote: I'm doing the Epic Pokemon stitch too and I'm using a 9x24 frame and the project fits fine within it.
You are probably using a higher count Aida, or have smaller boarders.
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"