Faces and Yoshi

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Faces and Yoshi

Post by blackberrybear »

Request 1
I am looking any tips (or links to tips) on adding faces to knitted dolls. I'm not really happy with what I've done so far though I suspect I'm just being picky.

Request 2
Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for knitted (not crochet) Yoshi doll? I haven't had any luck in my searching.

Thanks

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: Faces and Yoshi

Post by QueenBex »

I can't find a knitted yoshi anywhere. Though I did enjoy the cuteness of my search despite forgetting myself and managing to burn my supper. :help:
And I saw one were someone had covered a yoshi amiibo in yarn so it looked like the yarn yoshi one. So cute :)

Good luck to you!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I know this isn't super helpful, but I have this book: http://www.amazon.com/Amigurumi-Knits-P ... 589234359/

Maybe by looking at similarly shaped patterns, it would be possible to figure out how to make a Yoshi one. I can't say I'll have time to; have a lot going on this weekend, but maybe eventually I'll get around to it if you don't have any other luck.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

blackberrybear wrote:Request 1
I am looking any tips (or links to tips) on adding faces to knitted dolls. I'm not really happy with what I've done so far though I suspect I'm just being picky.
Have you tried using non-yarn for the faces? Like, using DMC floss or so? I wonder if what you don't like is the way yarn frays and doesn't look crisp, so swapping to a floss type thread might help.

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

funkymonkey, I'll take a look at that book (I can get it through my library) and see if there is something, in my skill level, that I can adapt.

Eliste, It's the finished shape, of the nose and mouth in particular, that I'm not liking. I'm not that good with freehand stitching to start with, which is probably one of my problems. I'll try floss or a thinner yarn, see what I get.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Just saw this one as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Knitted-Farm-Anim ... gy_b_img_y

Add some shoes and a longer tail, and that chicken could look a lot like a yoshi :) :yoshi

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

funkymonkey wrote:Just saw this one as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Knitted-Farm-Anim ... gy_b_img_y

Add some shoes and a longer tail, and that chicken could look a lot like a yoshi :) :yoshi
It does, doesn't it? Hmmm