Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

good starter pack for cross stitching?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
thereefernander
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

good starter pack for cross stitching?

Post by thereefernander »

Hello i want to expand for perler art into cross stitching and need reccomendations for a good start. And how do i aquire a vast assortment of colors just buy what is neccesary for the current project and go from there?

Here is what i came up with so far please tell me if i made any bad choices. Im suprised i haven't found a definitive starters guide.
I have the 36 pack of loops and threads embroidery floss
12 inch hoop
16 count aida cloth
Pack of tapestry needle 24
Attachments
1421019760399735599446.jpg
1421019760399735599446.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 3573 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: good starter pack for cross stitching?

Post by blackmageheart »

thereefernander wrote:And how do i aquire a vast assortment of colors just buy what is neccesary for the current project and go from there?
That's what I did. I bought supplies for my first project, then my second and so on and before I knew it I had quite a collection. Then I just bought what I didn't have - now I keep a supply of all DMC colours.
thereefernander wrote:I have the 36 pack of loops and threads embroidery floss
12 inch hoop
16 count aida cloth
Pack of tapestry needle 24
That will get you started, yes. :)

I don't think there really can be a definitive starters guide to getting started - I'd say pick a simple project and buy what you need for that to begin with. Do that for a few projects (keep them relatively small) and when you're ready to tackle your first big project, you should know by then what sort of things you want to buy!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

thereefernander
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by thereefernander »

Is the floss i bought *? Should i get DMC instead? It seemed better to get 36 packs for around $4 instead of 0.40 each for tons of differnet colors idk which i would need lol

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

thereefernander wrote:Is the floss i bought *? Should i get DMC instead? It seemed better to get 36 packs for around $4 instead of 0.40 each for tons of differnet colors idk which i would need lol
Honestly, just for starting out, what you've bought is fine. When you get to bigger projects you want to keep/sell/give as gifts, DMC is a wonderful investment. Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but, as with most things, you get what you pay for.