Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

KG Chart - No PDFs?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
Juliefoo
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

KG Chart - No PDFs?

Post by Juliefoo »

I've been making cross stitch patterns for over a year now, and i sell them on etsy for 1.00 (plus fees)
Up until NOW all of my customers have been so happy and satisfied with my product, but now, all of the sudden, all of the people who purchase my patterns want a PDF with the color chart attached "Like every other pattern available out there" they say.

I use KG Chart.. When i save or "Export" it only allows me to save as a jpg, png, bmp, gif, etc... No PDF.
When i hit "Print Preview" what i see is exactly what my customers want, however, i cannot save the print preview view..
i do have photoshop, what i have been doing for these customers is take the PNG image into photoshop and create a PDF out of that... but i was wondering if there was a simpler way, as i have many many patterns :(

I give my customers 3 PNG Files, the "Real view" the "Show mark" view and the "Mesh" only view, then i screenshot the program and take it into photoshop and crop out the color chart, because i havn't figured out a way to save that, either.

Any Reccomendations?
Thanks

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JuliefooStitches

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: KG Chart - No PDFs?

Post by Kareesh »

You have to download a program (like Cute PDF) that will turn it into a PDF for you.

When you're ready to make a PDF, click "Print", then select "Cute PDF" from the printers list. Then you can name the file.

Hopefully that helps! :D
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Ditto. Cute PDF is what I use, works like a charm. It'll give you the print preview screen and then when you hit print (making sure Cute PDF is selected as the printer) just wait a couple of moments, longer the bigger the pattern and a box will pop up asking you to save it. I have a separate folder in my documents for my Pdfs and I can save them straight into there :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

jocy666
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by jocy666 »

If you use foxit to see your PDFs, it have an application called "Foxit PDF Printer". You can use it too to "printing" into a PDF file.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks for the link to CutePDF. I downloaded it yesterday so that I can convert my patterns (particularly for the charity blocks) and put them on my Kindle...it works so easily!!! :yahoo:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

You're welcome! :)
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign