Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Using Sprite Resource

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
Aurorita
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Using Sprite Resource

Post by Aurorita »

Um, hello. First off I'm new to Sprite stitch. I've done some cross-stitching on my own (mostly small items from the paper mario series like Lovely Chocolate and the Jammin' Jelly from Thousand Year Door), but I wanna try using sprites from sprite resource. The problem is that I just don't know how to enlarge one and stitch from there.

For example: I wanna try and stitch the keyblades from Chain of Memories here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_b ... heet/1098/ but I don't know how to get one of the sprites by itself and then enlarge it. Does anyone know how this works?

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Using Sprite Resource

Post by Sheepish »

Aurorita wrote:For example: I wanna try and stitch the keyblades from Chain of Memories here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_b ... heet/1098/ but I don't know how to get one of the sprites by itself and then enlarge it. Does anyone know how this works?
Well, it's a single image, so just copy paste it into paint or something and then edit out everything you don't want to stitch. You can't make it any bigger, pixel art is pretty much the size it is, if you make it bigger it's just be fuzzy and weird looking.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

I actually have a pattern for all of these. I've been slowly working on stitching them and double-checking all the colors. If you're interested, I can post the pattern of what I have. :)

As for how to use the image, I normally open them in Paint then crop the image down to what I want. Then I save the image as a new file. You can either zoom in using Paint and eyeballing the colors (each pixel being one stitch) or you can then import your newly-cropped image into your cross stitching program of choice (I personally use PC Stitch 10).
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Aurorita
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Aurorita »

That would be fantastic actually! Yeah, I guess it is gonna be lots of trial and error once I zoom in and such. Well if you wanna make omelettes, you have to break a few eggs.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign