Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Making a Coloured Pattern with the "Right" Colours

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Making a Coloured Pattern with the "Right" Colours

Post by Lalina »

I typically use black and white patterns that only display symbols when I print out a pattern because a) I am too cheap to use that much coloured ink and b) I've been using black and white patterns since I was little; I'm used to them. I finally got a cell phone that it capable of displaying .pdf files. I am interested in putting coloured patterns on my phone so that I can easily carry my work with me if I am going to make a short trip buuut I have run into a problem. I typically change the colour selection in KG-chart to whatever flosses I have decided to use. Unfortunately, the image ends up looking pretty different from the one I plan on creating:
Spoiler
chrono comparison.png
chrono comparison.png (535.85 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
The image above displays a completed picture I had stitched along with KG's pattern preview. The end result was exactly what I wanted but coloured chart would not help me find the right floss faster than using symbols alone.

Is there any way for me to make a coloured .pdf pattern with the "right" colours without things looking wonky or should I just accept that my patterns will always look odd on my cell phone?
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Making a Coloured Pattern with the "Right" Colours

Post by Eliste »

Every screen will have slight differences in color displayed, and that changes with where you are. Basing color selection off of more than one screen, or one screen that is in changing light situations is asking for trouble IMO. You could easily find that you walk in to a different room, or a different day, and the colors you've just done look completely different.

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Making a Coloured Pattern with the "Right" Colours

Post by Lalina »

Aw shoot. I guess I will keep an emphasis on symbols then. At least those will be consistent.
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)