Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

How to use mini (ornament) frames?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
shanoa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

How to use mini (ornament) frames?

Post by shanoa »

I inherited a massive amount of cross stitch supplies from a crafty friend at work who can't stitch anymore due to health reasons and amongst all the patterns are several books of small designs meant for making ornaments. I would love to make some of these but the only mini (ornament) size frames I can find are these Janlynn Just-a-frame frames (or ones like them).

These have no inner rings or backers or anything! :confused: Does anyone know how to mount cross stitch in these things? :confused: If so HELP!

Thank you!
Current Projects:
Frederick the Literate kit

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: How to use mini (ornament) frames?

Post by carand88 »

i don't know if this is the official way to back them, but i cut out cardboard pieces and glue them to the back as a backing. shoe boxes are my new best friends, lol.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

carand88 wrote:i don't know if this is the official way to back them, but i cut out cardboard pieces and glue them to the back as a backing. shoe boxes are my new best friends, lol.
^ This! If they haven't come with backs (some do, I've seen card and plastic and even metal backs) then just a piece of cardboard or card to fit is fine. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

shanoa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by shanoa »

Do I mount the stitching on the cardboard then glue the whole mess to the back? There isn't any kind of inner ring like you find with a stitching hoop. I'm probably over complicating the whole thing (I'm really good at that.)

I really wish that more supplies would come with directions on how to use them! Just a pet peeve of mine. These days a lot of people are self/book taught on how to do crafts and not all books go into detail on how to use everything needed for a project, it would make sense for the manufacturers to include even a basic set of directions for their supplies. /rant
Current Projects:
Frederick the Literate kit