Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Converting a PNG image

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
KrystalBall
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Converting a PNG image

Post by KrystalBall »

Hi everyone! I've searched the forums for an answer to this but to no avail. I'm trying to convert a PNG image of the Borderlands Vault logo to load into either PCStitch or KGChart. I can load the PNG file, but it just comes up as a black square. What's out there for me to convert the image to jpeg so that I can load it into either program for turning it into a pattern? Thanks!

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Converting a PNG image

Post by funkymonkey »

You can just use MS Paint to save it as a different image type; since you're talking about KG-Chart and PC-Stitch I assume you're on a PC; should be under Start/All Programs/Accessories

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

KrystalBall wrote:I'm trying to convert a PNG image of the Borderlands Vault logo to load into either PCStitch or KGChart.
Haha, doing the same thing myself! :D

Just follow funkymonkey's advice and use MS Paint - open your image in it and Save As (you can still save it as the same filetype). It may warn you that you will lose transparency but OK it, because that's what you want to do ;)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

KrystalBall
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by KrystalBall »

*facepalm* Durr!! LOL Thank you both! I don't know why Paint never came into the equation. Now off to Michael's for a zillion skeins of black floss! :P