Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki

Post your completed patterns here...
SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki

Post by SunkistShiek »

Just to be clear- On the list of patterns to be imported, is the name/URL you have what you use to import? Example: You have Bad Superman as the name from old wiki. That should be the name on the new one?
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

SunkistShiek wrote:Just to be clear- On the list of patterns to be imported, is the name/URL you have what you use to import? Example: You have Bad Superman as the name from old wiki. That should be the name on the new one?
Yes; to your discretion. I copied the old names over onto this list, so if you have a more appropriate name feel free to use it.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

funkymonkey wrote:Hey QB; found your list of new patterns in the pattern wiki backups and added it to the new one, if it's useful:
http://spritestitch.wikia.com/wiki/New_Patterns_list

If you'd rather start over or take a different approach, don't feel obligated to use this page. Just wanted to share it since I found it.
No that's a good starting point. I have Google sheets downloaded on my phone, so I could see the walk to Mordor sheet, I think I can make a Google doc using that? I'll have a play around later.

Course lappy will be better to do this then my phone, but not often I get on my lappy anymore.
I think i know how to copy and paste on my phone now, which would be good in listing the page links for each pattern :p

A spoonful of patience, a sprinkling of luck and a Fiddle should see me through. (with a jug of madness too)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

DUDE! I added a page to the wikia.....got so frustrated I almost flipped out. But don't worry, I figured it out and everything's cool again. *whew* Now that I know how to do it, I can definitely do more. It's just the first one gave my brain a problem. 1 down, many more to go. :clap:
WIP
ImageImageImage

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Haha, sorry for the frustration! Luckily, once you get the pattern, it's just the same thing over and over. It is also easier to copy/paste the code into the source editor than to use the visual editor, for me personally.

One thing to note, the "Stitch count" field isn't referring to 14/16/18 count, but rather the total number of stitches in the pattern, so like 4,620. I think this field was on the old wiki as well, but almost entirely used incorrectly (since anything can be stitched on any count); makes more sense to give the total number of stitches so you have an idea of the complexity of the project. I probably should rename that field from "stitch count" to "Total number of stitches", but i'd have to update all the existing pages to match. Probably still worth it.

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the work that has been put into this new site. It is super easy to navigate and i really love that each pattern is attached to its respective article.....makes it fun to see where it came from.

if there is anything i can do to help you all with this major project let me know. i am not very internet savvy so doing the url/link things is too much for me but i can do other stuff lol

thanks again!!
---livingdeadgirl---

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

funkymonkey wrote:
I probably should rename that field from "stitch count" to "Total number of stitches", but i'd have to update all the existing pages to match. Probably still worth it.

Yes, stitch count is stitch count and not total stitches, so I think to change it to Total Stitches would be better.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

And to get the total stitches, you just multiply the height and width right? Because the number I got was astronomical and it made me doubt myself.
WIP
ImageImageImage

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Because when you see 47,880, it seems like an astronomical number I guess.
WIP
ImageImageImage

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

Yeah, that's right - number of stitches wide x number of stitches high = total stitches. It adds up fast!
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass