Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mario 3 Worlds 1-8 Patterns

Post your completed patterns here...
Elle
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Mario 3 Worlds 1-8 Patterns

Post by Elle »

I'm (slowly) attempting to do all the worlds for this. I'm finishing up the first, and about to dive into world 6. But for worlds 5 and 8, do you think that the maps should be framed separately? Or do you think the two maps for world 5, and the 4 maps for world 8 should be done in one giant one? I keep going back and forth while trying to decide!

berry999
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by berry999 »

I'm wondering if i could do this pattern and just dye the fabric instead of stitching all the background.

SuperTina320
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by SuperTina320 »

These are awesome! If I weren't six months pregnant with a whole list of things to get done before she arrives, I would totally be stitching all of these! :peach

SadieVincent
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SadieVincent »

I'm in the middle of doing map 3, and I was wondering if the colours in this are accurate? It's showing me that the pathways for the SNES version are #307. But in DCM that is a NEON yellow. Same with the majority of the water. It's a super bright neon blue. Are thy DCM colours? If so, are they correct? The piece just seems more neon then it should.

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

SadieVincent wrote:I'm in the middle of doing map 3, and I was wondering if the colours in this are accurate? It's showing me that the pathways for the SNES version are #307. But in DCM that is a NEON yellow. Same with the majority of the water. It's a super bright neon blue. Are thy DCM colours? If so, are they correct? The piece just seems more neon then it should.
I've found that KG Chart tends to do that sometimes with colors. It'll look right on the screen, but then when you see the color in person it looks bad...what I do is print a color pattern (sometimes just the original image) and just bring it with me and pick up the colors that look closest to what I want. It's easier to do it that way than to get halfway done and realize it doesn't look right lol. A lot of my patterns have a TON of notes on them, even patterns I've created myself.
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

SadieVincent
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SadieVincent »

That's a great tip, thank you. Wish I had thought about that haha. I'm unpicking the rest of the neon yellow paths, and I think I'm going to have to adjust the water colour as well. I liked it, but I think it's too much. I'll bang out the rest then figure the massive amount of blue out. :D

stiltbreaker
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by stiltbreaker »

SadieVincent wrote:I'm in the middle of doing map 3, and I was wondering if the colours in this are accurate? It's showing me that the pathways for the SNES version are #307. But in DCM that is a NEON yellow. Same with the majority of the water. It's a super bright neon blue. Are thy DCM colours? If so, are they correct? The piece just seems more neon then it should.
I have finished World 1 and I'm working on World 2 - I find that the neon colours really pop well, it's not maybe 100% accurate but it looks alright. sorry about the instagram filter.

http://imgur.com/aTqZo

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

stiltbreaker wrote:I have finished World 1 and I'm working on World 2 - I find that the neon colours really pop well, it's not maybe 100% accurate but it looks alright. sorry about the instagram filter.

That looks fantastic! :clapping:
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

stiltbreaker wrote:
I have finished World 1 and I'm working on World 2 - I find that the neon colours really pop well, it's not maybe 100% accurate but it looks alright. sorry about the instagram filter.

That looks wonderful! What size aida did you use? That looks to be about 12" x 12", is that accurate or is it just my bad eyes? lol
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

stiltbreaker
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by stiltbreaker »

22 count aida. finished product was about a foot long, and somewhere between 8 and 10 inches tall.