Discworld- Death Pattern

Post your completed patterns here...
Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Discworld- Death Pattern

Post by Servotron »

SephreniaMusic wrote:
Servotron wrote:If you've seen the picture of the completed pattern in the other thread, note that I stitched this pattern on navy blue fabric.
I just wonder, did you stitch on navy blue so you didn't have to stitch everything in the background or so the white wouldn't shine through making it more "realistic" Death?
Actually, it was stitched on navy blue as I wanted to use up a piece of fabric at the time.
Image Image Image Image

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Ok but I think it worked out great so I think I will stick to that. If the fabric "shines" through it wont spoil the darkness of the image. Also a friend just sent me some navy blue aida that I think will be perfect :) I'm not used to planning in inches so if you could help so I don't have to count the entire fabric I'd appreciate it.

The piece I got is 14 count and 12 x 18 inches will that be big enough. I think it will be big enough I did do a preliminary count but I'm not 100% so I don't want to risk it. I have to learn to count in inches too.

leslie_nester
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by leslie_nester »

It'll fit. 14ct is 14 squares per inch. So your piece of cloth is 168x252 stitches. The pattern is 111x168.

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Thank you. I thought so, that's the numbers I got to but I really wanted to double check it.

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Now I'm really confused. I just printed the pattern as .pdf today and on it it says that on aida 14 ct it's 40.27 cm x 60.96 cm and that the stitches are 111 x 168. I can't get it together since the piece I have is 14 count and 12 x 18 inches and there should be room for 168 x 252 stitches. Has KG chart messed up the math???

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

KG Chart has a problem where it thinks that the pattern is twice as large as it is, don't worry about it, it's a known problem.
Image Image Image Image

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Thank you. I thought I had read something about it somewhere but I wasn't sure so I figured I'd better ask before starting rather then getting an ugly surprise.

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

OK, yeah I just had the same issue with the double size thing. Really confused me lol. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm going to get threads/fabric/needles this weekend as my BF voted this my next project. He's a big fan of the discworld setting and the rincewind (sp?) novels.