Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Where do you get your supplies?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Where do you get your supplies?

Post by Nitewing »

Does anyone have a paticular website they go to for floss, needles, patterns, cloth, etc? The reason I ask is because it seems that ever time I go to the store in my city I have to order stuff there anyway because they don't have it. I live in a very small town, the craft stores close at 5:30 pm (which I work till every day) and are only open on saturday on the weekend, so if I forget something I can't go back till the next week. It's very frustrating.

Thanks in advance
-Nitewing.

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Where do you get your supplies?

Post by jelibe »

I don't think I could help you in America but for anyone in the UK there's acrosstownstitching (google it) which have excellent prices on thread and they have special deals on bulk orders (they are on ebay too). Another one I've just found is petestreasuretrove.co.uk. He's got cheap thread too but he may not have all that you want as he's deals with clearance stuff. I got a fat quarter from his ebay shop for £2.99 and free p+p which i thought was a great deal.
I hope this helps people in the UK. I hope someone in the US has a great place for you :D
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

Well I'm in Canada but normally you can ship across the border, sometimes things do get held up at customs for a ridiculous amount of time.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

I've stickied this thread. Use this thread to post places where you get your supplies from and if you can, where the website/shop is based.
Image Image Image Image

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

It's a common one, but Michael's. They've got all the DMC thread I need, scissors, needles, even some fabric, though now that I do big projects, their's isn't good enough for me. And their prices are reasonably cheap too. I'm not too sure if there are Michael's in Canada though >.>

Mak327
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Mak327 »

Chains that are usually findable all over - Michael's Jo-Ann's and AC Moore - they all have threads and a small selection of fabrics/kits/etc.

online (fabrics, patterns, etc)-
123stitch.com
abcstitch.com
Joann.com (the website to Jo-Ann's sells items online as well)
acmoore.com (sells most of the dmc threads and some specialty ones, but not a big selection of fabrics)
yarntree.com (has a good list of local stores, you can see if something is near you - including a canada section. Also has a great guide on fabrics, but the shopping experience itself isn't the most convenient)
sticherscloset.com (has fabric and threads. decent selection of both)
everythingcrossstitch.com (fabric, threads, etc. Sister-site to patternsonline.com for anyone who uses that resource too)

I use Ebay a lot also for fabric and threads. I just type in the count I need and see what pops up.

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

Blink190 wrote:I'm not too sure if there are Michael's in Canada though >.>
There are but I'm told the selection isn't so great. Which could be really bad, as I don't think Michael's has that great of a selection in the first place (no Color Variations thread?!).

Lots of folks I know swear by http://www.hobbylobby.com/ but that has no online storefront and only seems to exist in the suburbs. http://www.joann.com/joann/ is where I go most of the time but I've never done mail order.

OH! Ben Franklin has an online store and they have an pretty amazing selection of fabric. I used to shop there all the time back in Virginia and I miss it so much.

I would like to hear from folks re: online ordering because if you can find a bulk source for those tiny hoop frames I used on my Super Mario Bros items set I'd be really happy.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

DMLC
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DMLC »

Since I'm in Canada -- I order from here!
http://www.crosscanadastitching.com/

Alot of companies will NOT sell DMC floss outside of the US.

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

Sweet! Thanks DMLC! I'm bookmarking that. Especially since the prices on that website are cheaper then what I pay at my local craft store.

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Nitewing...I'm in the same boat you are..I'm in Canada and don't get out to Michaels much. I have had some luck buying DMC lots on ebay where you can pick your own colours. I buy the majority of my fabric on ebay especially larger pieces of black aida...for some reason Michaels doesn't seem to carry bigger pieces here.