More Crafter
55%

Total votes: 164

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Gamer or Crafter? (POLL)

Post by Miss Clawful »

More many years of my life, since my early teens (I'm now 38) I've been a gamer before anything else, so a gamer is who I am. But the past couple years, though it for sure has something to do with events in my life, I've gone from spending every bit of my free time only on playing video games to barely playing at all, sometimes weeks, even months before playing anything. For the past half year all free time that I used to devote towards gaming has gone completely into cross-stitching. Sometimes I'll only do up to an hour on a day, other days up to 6 hours stitching. If I'm not actually stitching at that very moment, much like during my many gaming years when not actually playing something I'd been looking at video game magazines or something else related, but with the whole stitching thing I find my nonstitching time used towards finding possible future projects to cross-stitch, playing games only for the sake of gathering sprites to stitch. I still think I'm very much a gamer, just on a new kick right now and later I'm sure I'll get back to playing again, find some balance between playing NES and stitching.

acidMiasma
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by acidMiasma »

That was a difficult one!! I'd say I'm a good balance of both. I switch sides for months on end - game 'til I drop, then craft, craft, craft! Currently I'm in craft mode, which brought me to this forum in the first place :wave: But I feel a pang of longing for my controller sneaking up on me hahaha
Image:: Mia
:: This statement is false.

IHateThatGuy
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by IHateThatGuy »

I used to be an insane gamer... These days I find it very very hard to get interested in a video game. I still like good old fashioned tabletop RPGs but for the most part, I miss the "days gone by" and the games of old. I'm not fond of eleventeen sequels for every game or how most games are touted for their graphics. These days it seems to be a lot of FPS on the market. I miss the risk taking, the innovation, and the "console wars" of the past. Now every system seems to have the exact same catalogue save for a few different games.

Now, I'm just more of a crafter and prefer to sculpt, stitch, and sprite. I'd seriously be more interested in GameDev than playing a game at this point.

Ensign Eddie
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Ensign Eddie »

I'm a bit late to this party, but decided to vote any way. Definitely crafter for me. I think I must be older than a lot of you because, frankly, I have no clue about a lot of the games that are discussed. Probably because I was more into PC games when the first Nintendo systems first came out (I was of the Atari 2600 and Intellivision generation).

BTW, I loved the Star Trek Cross Stitch book. Maybe some day someone will do one for Star Wars.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Ensign Eddie wrote:BTW, I loved the Star Trek Cross Stitch book. Maybe some day someone will do one for Star Wars.
YEAH JOHLOH MAYBE SOMEONE SHOULD GET ON THAT

:)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Ensign Eddie wrote:BTW, I loved the Star Trek Cross Stitch book. Maybe some day someone will do one for Star Wars.
awesome! I'm glad you liked it...
RMDC wrote:YEAH JOHLOH MAYBE SOMEONE SHOULD GET ON THAT:)
stuff is always being worked on...its on the short list of book ideas, but not at the top... :D
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Santian69
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Santian69 »

Wow, I googled that book, you really ARE making geek cross stitch books! :yahoo:
Congrats on that one!
I don't know if you gave any information about a future one, like what would it be about? :p

berry999
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by berry999 »

I am def more of a crafter for sure. but I will always have soft spot for super nintendo mario games and donkey kong country 1, 2, and 3. I do love my games also.

SonnySplendor
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SonnySplendor »

I have to be honest on this one.. When I'm not crafting I'm gaming and when I'm not gaming I am crafting and the only times I'm not doing either is when I am sleeping or at work.
Current WIP:
Designing my own sampler
Metroid samus save station
Fallout Pipboy screen

allycat709
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by allycat709 »

This was a tough one, but I chose gamer for a couple reasons. I have been playing video games since around 8 or 9 (I'm 28 now), and have been doing cross stitch and costuming for a few years. The other reason is because of video games, I have had a huge interest in doing video game costumes and cross stitch so that's the other part. I would still do cross stitch without video games, but most of the cross stitches I have done are from video games.

Ooh I just googled that book too. That's sweet. I hope someone does do a Star Wars one; I would totally buy that one (more Star Wars than Star Trek for me)