Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by Firehawke »

Welcome to Sprite Stitch, Carlotta! Hope you like it here!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Ooccoo
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Ooccoo »

Hello, everyone!
I just joined this forum a few days ago, and thought I'd introduce myself. :)
My name is Sarah, and I'm a cross-stitch enthusiast from Australia. I began nearly one year ago and I'm absolutely addicted. ^_^ I've also been a fan of video games since my childhood: my personal favourites being The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Harvest Moon. I was delighted to discover a forum with both of these hobbies combined!
When not stitching or gaming, I can be found working (as a graphic designer), reading, or cooking.
Anyway, I look forward to sharing my cross-stitch creations with you and see what you're all making. ^_^

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Ooccoo wrote:Hello, everyone!
I just joined this forum a few days ago, and thought I'd introduce myself. :)
My name is Sarah, and I'm a cross-stitch enthusiast from Australia. I began nearly one year ago and I'm absolutely addicted. ^_^ I've also been a fan of video games since my childhood: my personal favourites being The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Harvest Moon. I was delighted to discover a forum with both of these hobbies combined!
When not stitching or gaming, I can be found working (as a graphic designer), reading, or cooking.
Anyway, I look forward to sharing my cross-stitch creations with you and see what you're all making. ^_^
Welcome to Sprite Stitch Sarah!

Can't wait to see some of your work...and those are some very fun games!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Knochenherz
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Knochenherz »

Hi there ^^!

I just joined so I should make a short introduction.
I'm Peggy and from Germany and I love cross stitching for a loong time, although I normally stitch kits and non-video and non-nerd related stuff, like lighthouses and sailing ships and stuff. Buuut I'm actually a hugh nerd and gamer, and a friend of mine needed some sort of motivation x,D so i started making nerdy cross stitches for her. It's not much and .. not finished yet, but yeah because of that I'm now looking for nerd cross stitch stuff. (I'm actually really good at starting stuff and not finnishing it =v=)
Hrm okay, yeah of course i love gaming! My favourite games are Zelda, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, but I actually love shooters too (but they are not so good for pixel/sprite stuff *sigh*) like Bioshock, Dead Space, Yakuza and currently (RAGING) Far Cry 5 xD. Apart from that I watch Animes, read Mangas and Fantasy/Sci-Fi book, love Star Wars and DC/Marvel Comics, and driving my motorbike. Hm yeah there is enough other stuff to tell, but i don't think that's important.

I'm currently working on three projects, a harley davidson from riolis, a big ass steam train wand scroll by Oehlenschläger (for my dad) aaand a nerdy cross stitch from a series (i can't say which, bcs the said friend is lurking here somewhere *cough* it's a surprise), which i took from a pixel art. And the next project should beeee the Pokemon Gen 1 Epic Stitch x,D i will never finish this, but well.
So much to stitch, so little time ~

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Welcome to Sprite Stitch, Peggy! Hope to see some pics of your work soon!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Knochenherz wrote:Hi there ^^!
I'm actually really good at starting stuff and not finnishing it
Welcome to sprite stitch and you're in good company. I don't know how I can be expected to finish all my WIPs when there are so many patterns I want to start on.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Skullviper
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Skullviper »

Hi everyone! My name is Skullviper (i.e. Skully or Skully-V) and I'm very overdue for an introductory post.

I'm a long-time forum lurker who decided to crawl out into the light and finally start posting. I've been a casual cross-stitching enthusiast for years now, and only recently started to think about the fact that this is a strong, but niche, community that can only stay alive if we continue to share ideas, techniques, and our excitement over projects. So, rather than just take, I thought it was high time I contribute a bit :D

I became aware of this community awhile ago because I just couldn't get excited about the kits that I could buy locally, and since I'm a big ol' nerd, I figured maybe I could get passionate about patterns in that realm. I'm a gamer, some of my favourites being Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Harvest Moon, Persona 3-5, and the classic series (Zelda, Sonic, OG Pokemon etc). I'm an avid reader of fantasy/sci-fi, player of board games and tabletop RPGs (D&D 5e currently), and watcher of anime. But I also have a career and adulting, which sometimes gets in the way of hobbies like this.

I'm currently working on a Sailor Moon pattern of Luna & Artemis (designed by SonnySplendor - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14786&hilit=artemis+luna) to refresh myself on the basics. Once that's completed, I'm hoping to challenge myself with some bigger projects and learn how to create my own patterns, as I'd like more creative freedom and to be able to share to our pattern database.

I can't wait to start sharing and see all of your amazing works!!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Nice to meet you, Skully!!! Have fun with your stitching...hope you are able to post some pics soon!

Lupinzar
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Lupinzar »

Hi there. I've done some sprite stitching in the past, although I never really know what to do with it when I'm done. I recently got into Perler since they have the caps and mini-beads now which appeal to me over the original beads, so I figured I would join since you have a section for it.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Lupinzar wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 am
Hi there. I've done some sprite stitching in the past, although I never really know what to do with it when I'm done. I recently got into Perler since they have the caps and mini-beads now which appeal to me over the original beads, so I figured I would join since you have a section for it.
Welcome!

...wait a minute. You used to do Pixel Warehouse! I got loads of Dragon Force sprites (among others) from your site back in the day :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...