Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
spacebunny
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Introductions

Post by spacebunny »

I don't see an introductions thread, so I suppose I'll start one! I'm Bunny from DE and just JUST started cross stitching. It's amazingly therapeutic after a long day of dealing with idiots in the cable industry. The only downside is... I completely fail at counting!

Fell in love with this site! I live with a complete nerd, and i'm one myself :) So HOWDY to any one out there!

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by biostitch2point0 »

Hey, I'm Hanika and I've been cross stitching for few years, but just got into making video game stuff this year. I'm planning on sending in some pictures of my work once I get a camera. Right now I'm working on a king Dedede bookmark and one other project that's kind of a secret for now. I have discovered that cross-stitching is just as addictive as video games! I bet there are lots of hermits obsessed with cross stitch out there. :P

Jessii
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Jessii »

I'm Jessii and i've been cross stitching for 12 years.... i'm a 22 yr old girl from Australia... and i'm horrible at introductions!

I once gave myself repetative strain injury from xstitching... i think that proves how much of a geek i am!

littlemojo
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by littlemojo »

Hi there! I'm mojo from Aotearoa New Zealand. I've been cross stitching for a longlong time and got into game stitching because I got some requests to make some patterns. Currently working on the 100 themes challenge, which is a whole heap of fun. I have a little blog with pics: http://crazygirlmojo.blogspot.com/
Anime cross stitch patterns? http://www.littlemojo.110mb.com

Pirates are cooler than ninjas

obesolete
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by obesolete »

Hey, I'm Obesolete. You've prolly seen me over at Craftster or Etsy as i'm most active over there.
I've just picked up cross stitching a year or so ago and it's taken over a good portion of my craft time.
My first piece was Bald Bull knocking Little Mac senseless, but you may have seen my zombies ate my neighbors piece and MAYBE my Ninja Jaja Maru Kun piece.
I'm currently working on a HUGE Sonic 2 Beta title screen and a Bill and Ted piece for when i get tired of sonic.
I'm holding off on starting any more until i get at least bill and ted done, because i KNOW i'll be at sonic for at least a year or more at my rate. XD
Closet Monsters - Video game and custom soft toys http://obesolete.etsy.com

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

great idea on the introductions thread! I'm new to all this so hit me with suggestions for other forums etc...

I'm john (or johloh), I've been cross stitching for probably only about one year. I set up the site and had no idea how popular it would get. Its great but it also means that I haven't even stitched a single stitch in the last 3-4 months, boo.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Darvulia
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Darvulia »

I'm Donna from Atlanta, GA. I've been stitching on and off for about 10 years, but recently picked it up after finding this website. (haha) I've been slowly trying to create things for my child's clothes but she keeps me busy and I don't get much done anymore. (boo!) But I still enjoy doing it!

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

I'm from NJ, and go by my surname of Faust. I've been cross stitching for a little more than four years, starting in high school. I remember when I first began, I didn't know that you only used twos strands for most cross stitches and I used all six strands of the length that was given to me in the kit :shock: I've since learned my lesson.

I love doing game works, and I'll post some of my stuff up later.
Image Image

Maomao
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Maomao »

Hello! My name is Dawn, from Texas.

A friend of mine showed me this site a while back because of the Final Fantasy sprites, and since then I've been hooked.

I remember my first unfinished cross stitch craft from sixth grade, in fact, I still have it with my huge stash of unfinishedness. I like all games, but at this moment I'm really preferring the FF games for the SNES.... maybe influenced by this site? Actually, my favorite game/anime/anything is Saint Seiya, though it's a little obscure in the States. That's actually how my husband's and my first conversation was about.... him telling me that it sucks....

I'm recently working on the SNES Zelda title screen, it's coming along nicely, but I have a feeling the sky will be the end of me.

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

I'm Gillian, from (well, a lot of places, but most recently) Santa Cruz, CA. I'm a PhD student in a video games research lab.

I've been stitching for a few years, mostly from kits and patterns. I'm starting to get into making my own patterns now, and am enjoying seeing all the video game related patterns here. Cross stitching is one of my many craft-related hobbies, but most of those are on hold while I work on various other school-related projects.

I'm a huge fan of the LucasArts games, so my next project was going to be a self-made pattern from Day of the Tentacle. But now this monthly challenge has come up and I want to enter that, so I'm rethinking. :)