Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

political ads on sprite stitch board/blog

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
johloh
Site Admin

political ads on sprite stitch board/blog

Post by johloh »

youll notice the ads are now gone. I apologize I didnt see them until tonight, I was at work teaching all day. :banghead:

I'm quite dissapointed in google for allowing those ads, and extremely unhappy that they were displayed on my site.

I can only hope that you all will not take offense to them, and that you do not blame me, but instead blame google for their unfortunate greedy choice.

I signed up for the program under the impression that I would get ads that targeted my readers based on our topics of discussion (ie video games and crafts) and not political campaigns. I would be offended even if it was a proposition I supported. and when it happened to be the one proposition that I feel the stronger about in my history as a voter than anything else I have ever voted for (10 years of voting now)...thats just the icing on the cake.

thanks for your understanding (regardless of your opinion on the issue).

-john
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

PaperRockScisorz
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: political ads on sprite stitch board/blog

Post by PaperRockScisorz »

I completely missed something...
But I'm glad you got it figured out and fixed.
Shame on google!!
"Keep true to the rare music in your heart, to the marvelous and unique form that is and shall always be nothing else but you. Keep to that and you can do nothing wrong, which I realize is easier said than done." - House of Leaves
<3

dragonfoxmem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by dragonfoxmem »

odd enough, I have seen some ads time to time on forum, but never see any political ads.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I did not see ads for California here. Here in Ohio, I've been seeing a few political ads for our gambling issue, but most of the things I've seen have not been politics (on your site).

I know someone who runs a site that has ads, and he specifically did not want the buzzer ads or iPods ads and removed a company that put ads like that on. Yes, it wasn't Google, but still........
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

"CONGRATULATIONS. youve won a free ipod!" that stupid ad makes me want to punch my computer.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"