Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

more fabric-like fabrics?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
sweaters
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

more fabric-like fabrics?

Post by sweaters »

i sort of want to get away from aida, i want something that feels more like cloth for a couple of map patterns i have, i've been looking at 36 count even weave over regular linen since it's supposed to be more uniform but i'm having trouble finding it in my price range.

hoping someone could point me in the right direction!

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: more fabric-like fabrics?

Post by Eliste »

Linen is never cheap unless it's not really linen. Even weave is good too, but will also be expensive. These are only going to be expensive as they are only really produced for embroidery for the most part.

Are you still wanting the holes to stitch through, or do you just want any fabric? Because you can stitch on pretty much anything. I'd investigate waste cloth instead which you can team with anything. Old sheets work well, for example.

SarynKitamo
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by SarynKitamo »

Eliste wrote:Linen is never cheap unless it's not really linen. Even weave is good too, but will also be expensive. These are only going to be expensive as they are only really produced for embroidery for the most part.

Are you still wanting the holes to stitch through, or do you just want any fabric? Because you can stitch on pretty much anything. I'd investigate waste cloth instead which you can team with anything. Old sheets work well, for example.
Also DMC apparently has water soluble canvas that, from what I understand, you can use to stitch on something then just wash it away!

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

SarynKitamo wrote:Also DMC apparently has water soluble canvas that, from what I understand, you can use to stitch on something then just wash it away!
I've used the soluble canvas, it worked really well. So much easier than pulling out waste canvas.

sweaters
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by sweaters »

hmm.. i wanted something with holes.. but you guys make good points!

thanks, i'll look into waste canvas and water soluble canvas for the purposes of the map patterns!