Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

what does the forum need?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
johloh
Site Admin

what does the forum need?

Post by johloh »

what kinds of things do you guys think the forum needs? new/different topic areas? things that are bad? annoying?

just looking for things to make the experience better...

:Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi :Luigi !!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: what does the forum need?

Post by Icedevimon13 »

There isn't really anything I think we NEED at the moment, but I'll go ahead and list some of the sections that I see in other forums to see if they spark ideas for some other people.

Forum RPGs - A section for role plays. I've only joined my first one recently, and I haven't gotten the hang of it yet, but these are very popular on many forums. I'm not sure how interested users here would be though.

Random Stupidities/Serious Discussion/Rants - A section for stupid/spammish stuff. Our Misc. section sort of covers it in a way though.

Sales and Trading - For selling, buying, or trading supplies, projects, ect. (without having to sign up for an outside site, like etsy or ebay)

Be Creative (and stuff) - A section that houses writing, fanfiction, artwork (painting, drawing, coloring, spriting, compared to stitching, beading ect...)

Again, I'm not really suggesting these, per say, but I'm putting them in the open based on what I've seen (fairly) standard at other forums. :razz:
Image Image

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

The only big thing that I could think of would be a place for guides or questions about technique. For example, I know a lot about stitching and feel like I could answer questions but I would definitely benefit from some techniques other people use for sewing, or crochet, or perler beads.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Amanda wrote:The only big thing that I could think of would be a place for guides or questions about technique. For example, I know a lot about stitching and feel like I could answer questions but I would definitely benefit from some techniques other people use for sewing, or crochet, or perler beads.
I agree...and its up!

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I struggle to put pictures up on your site. I have to go to another site and upload them there to then bring them here. There site is the same forum board as yours, maybe you could incorporate an image uploader onto here. It would make the process much easier. Or maybe there is an easier way and I just don't know it. If there is can you do a tutorial on it please.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

yeah, im not crazy about having people upload files to my server...I see that as being a hassle, as I would then have to moderate what gets uploaded...

but, I can write a tutorial of an easy way to do....its not bad at at all!

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

You mean like photobucket? Maybe I've just gotten so used to it, but that site is amazing! :clap: Yeah, I have to upload the picture there, but I get four different codes that I can put on any forum I want, in case I want to post it somewhere else.
Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

yup. I just posted a guide for how to use photobucket...

Ared
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Ared »

I'm not sure is it really necessary at this point, but I think that the Game craft project section should be divided in to sub-sections, like Cross Stitch, knitting, sewing ect. Like if there would be a person that is intrested in knitting but not the cross stitching would find the project of his like.

Right now browsing throu the Game craft projects is not difficult since it's not big.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Ared wrote:I'm not sure is it really necessary at this point, but I think that the Game craft project section should be divided in to sub-sections, like Cross Stitch, knitting, sewing ect. Like if there would be a person that is intrested in knitting but not the cross stitching would find the project of his like.

Right now browsing throu the Game craft projects is not difficult since it's not big.
agreed. I considered this too. maybe in a little bit once it gets bigger. I'm sure ill end up doing this in the near future...