Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zelda-Link request

all non-video game related pattern requests...
susanne
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Zelda-Link request

Post by susanne »

Dear all,

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up, and I would like nothing more than to give him a really cool Zelda-connected present. I've been browsing your site and the internet in search of a nice cross stitching chart, but I can't seem to find anything I like. Since I am not experienced with programs like Stitches and Photoshop, all my efforts of trying to make one myself have failed. I am therefore asking for your friendly help :)
I would like to make a cross stitch of a simple Link picture. My boyfriend absolutely loves Ocarina of Time, so I have been searching for charts from that game. The problem is that I would like a simple design, since I do not want to be forced to buy lots of different colors (I love cross stitching, but I always buy packs that include the chart, fabric and threads). Preferably the size to fit in a frame of 15 by 10 centimeters (so, 6 inches or something).

I would love something like this: http://www.figures.com/databases/news/a ... 218/45.jpg But maybe, since you are more experienced, you have a better idea?

I really appreciate all your efforts and cannot say how happy you would make me!
Thank you soooooo much!
Susanne

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Zelda-Link request

Post by Wolfix »

Hi susanne,

I've done a link pattern from OOT for you - it's not based on the figurine picture you posted but maybe it's one you can use anyway. I would suggest doing it on black aida cloth (or any colour you like) and stitching the black inside Link only.

Let me know what you think of it, anyway. I can tweak it if you want.
:Link
OcarinaOfTimeLink.sth
(85.62 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
OcarinaOfTimeLink.pdf
(575.09 KiB) Downloaded 1194 times
OcarinaLink01.gif
OcarinaLink01.gif (7.51 KiB) Viewed 15373 times
33 colours, 8x10" approx.
Fish, fish, my only wish!

susanne
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by susanne »

I really like that picture! I am only wondering if you could simplify it for me? So that it is a bit smaller (say 7 x 5). And do you reckon I can simplify the colors? So talking out some of the shading?

Thank you so much for your pattern!

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Wolfix »

Sure can - I'll do it for you now :)

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Wolfix »

OK try this one... it's 5 x 7 and 18 colours (sizing modelled on 18ct but you can use whatever you like)
OcarinaLink02.sth
(27.99 KiB) Downloaded 581 times
OcarinaLink02.pdf
(218.29 KiB) Downloaded 835 times
OcarinaLink02.gif
OcarinaLink02.gif (2.68 KiB) Viewed 15347 times

susanne
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by susanne »

That is awesome, thank you so much!
Just to be sure, some squares are white, they don't seem to have a symbol in them. Do I do them in white thread?
I am still puzzled why the PDF file says that the end result will be 30 by 25 centimeters, which is way over 7 by 5 inches, but I'll just ignore that ;)
I will start working on it on Monday (after a visit to my local crafts shop), but I will def. keep you posted on my WIP :)

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

susanne wrote:That is awesome, thank you so much!
Just to be sure, some squares are white, they don't seem to have a symbol in them. Do I do them in white thread?
I am still puzzled why the PDF file says that the end result will be 30 by 25 centimeters, which is way over 7 by 5 inches, but I'll just ignore that ;)
I will start working on it on Monday (after a visit to my local crafts shop), but I will def. keep you posted on my WIP :)
Yea thats exactly what you do with the blank ones. But what i would do for this project is buy black fabric and then pick up DMC 5200 (White) to fill in those blank spaces. Itll save you a lot of time and will look neater.

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Wolfix »

The "finished size" is exactly double the size it will be - I don't know why it calculated like that. It's the right thread count though.

Ellentje
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Ellentje »

Hoi Susanne,

It's good to see someone else from the Netherlands here! Nice to know that I'm not the only one doing videogame stitching in the Netherlands ;)
Good luck with your Link cross stitch, I'm sure your boyfriend will love it!

techno-ninja
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by techno-ninja »

great pattern, mind if i use the 33 colour one as a present for my brother? We are a family obsessed with zelda!