Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
stitchandpaddle
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Post by stitchandpaddle »

Glad mine got in ok. :) I meant to mail them last month when I finished the second one, but I'd lost the first one I did. Found it in my scanner... :banghead:

Aelys
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aelys »

I'm done!
...And I'm late.
Again :blush:

I'll keep my Maniac Mansion square for now and hopefully I'll be able to make another one or two before next year's deadline and send them all together. Not a big deal, since my two squares from *last* year will be used in this year's quilt. Yeah, I know, I'm a mess :tomato:
Attachments
tentacle1.JPG
tentacle1.JPG (189.89 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
Last edited by Aelys on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

ImageImage Oh my... you can send it to me Aelys, it'll never be too late Image hihi... I love this game ; and your square is lovely !! Image
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Ok, so the first step will be to decide the layout and the colors of fabric. I am going to figure out layout before I wash and iron them. It will be easier to split squares between quilts for people that made more than one.

I will get the thread up tomorrow with pictures of some fantastic fabric I picked up with this in mind.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Let me change that. I want to use my parents huge floors so will wait till Thursday to post the layouts. We have a total of 39 squares!! That means we may have possibly 3 quilts!!

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

tnitnetny wrote:Let me change that. I want to use my parents huge floors so will wait till Thursday to post the layouts. We have a total of 39 squares!! That means we may have possibly 3 quilts!!
That's so awesome! I wish I could see them all together in person. :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

shanoa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by shanoa »

tnitnetny wrote:Let me change that. I want to use my parents huge floors so will wait till Thursday to post the layouts. We have a total of 39 squares!! That means we may have possibly 3 quilts!!
Has anyone else noticed that the first year we made 1 quilt, 2 the second year, and now in our third year we look to be making 3? Man, if this keeps up we'll be doing nothing but quilt blocks year round just to keep up! lol
Current Projects:
Frederick the Literate kit

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

Has anyone else noticed that the first year we made 1 quilt, 2 the second year, and now in our third year we look to be making 3? Man, if this keeps up we'll be doing nothing but quilt blocks year round just to keep up! lol[/quote]

Totally true :swoon:
I can't wait to see the 39 squares together... 3 quilts, that's awesome !!! :clapping:
Tritnetny, if you have a paypal account or so, so that we can help you to afford the fabric ? how much did it cost to you ?
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

It depends on the fabric, but fabric, batting, backing, and embroidery squares normally cost me 60-80 a quilt. If anyone wants to help with cost that would be awesome, but I definitely don't expect anything. I expect to pay for it all because I volunteered to quilt it. But I do appreciate that. :D My paypal is tnitnetny@yahoo.com. Even though I am in Canada now it is set for $US.

stitchandpaddle
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by stitchandpaddle »

Could I possibly just mail you a cheque, Toni? I don't have paypal and it seems a bit silly for me to use it to send funds that will start CAD and be converted to USD and then back to CAD. :/