Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

OCT - NOV Challenge - Glow in the Dark!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: OCT - NOV Challenge - Glow in the Dark!

Post by tnitnetny »

I am finished!

In the light:

In the dark:

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Holy fu.....dge. That is awesome! ^^

I wasn't sure what to expect at the start of this challenge but I am super-impressed with you all! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

WOW! Amazing quilts being posted today.

I'm going to start my challenge piece now! I finished my Halloween alphabet I started back in September, so now I get to do this one!

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

Wow, tnitnetny, that is AMAZING!!!!! You're a fantastic quiltress... if that's a real word. :grin:
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Even if it isn't a real word, I will accept it. Quiltress, I kind of like the sound of that. :D

And thanks guys! I was so surprised it turned out well. I am really, really proud of it. Like I said before, I never could have produced anything like this if it wasn't for Sprite Stitch pushing me out of my comfort zone.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

How did you do the lettering and the face details? Applique?

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Yeah, this is a complete applique quilt. The fabric was really expensive as well (in addition to the glow in the dark I used batik). The only thing that isn't appliqued is the borders.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Everyone raise your hand if you think that tnitnetny a) is wonderfully, crazily intense for making mind-blowing quilts on a whim for a challenge, and b) should explain what the heck her username means, because every time I type it I try to parse it out. "T Nit Net NY? No, wait, maybe it's backwards. Yntentint? No, that's not it." THIS IS WHY MY HAIRLINE IS RECEDING.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I always thought each piece was meant to be like her name, Toni. So... tni, tne, tny. ToniToniToni. Maybe? I think I'd better stay off the sugar for a while. Or was it stay on the sugar?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

BMH is correct as always. :D No one can seem to spell my name correctly. It is Toni, but I get Tony and Tone a lot. So when I was younger and the advent of the internet was upon us I embraced the different spellings of Toni. Alas tonitonetony was too long for aol at the time, so I shortend it to tnitnetny. It is so unique that ever since then (wow, has it been 17 years?!) I have been able to register at tnitnetny everywhere I go.

And thanks RMDC! Even though I have been crazy busy with the Child's Play quilts and with trying to get a lot of stock for Magfest (not to mention my commissions), I try to make time for the challenges, especially when I get an idea I want to create.

It seems like the only time I can be truly unique and play with quilts the way I want to is for these challenges. I truly appreciate eveything this site does for my creativity.