Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

SEPT Challenge - Sprite Stitch Pantheon of Crafting Deities

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

SEPT Challenge - Sprite Stitch Pantheon of Crafting Deities

Post by blackmageheart »

Firstly, can I thank m4pl3g1rl for the suggestion for this month's challenge! And since she said it better than I can...
m4pl3g1rl wrote:There is someone who is attempting to cross stitch an epic Pokemon cross stitch of everything, and when I posted a reply I said that all of us would be praying to the "Stitching Deities", and then it hit me.

Make the "Stitching Deities" out of modified game sprites. Like a recolored Peach with wings as the cross stitch goddess. Then Sprite Stitch could have its very own pantheon.
So, what I want from you this month is a pantheon of crafting deities. You can use any sprite or image you want - recoloured, modified, even your own original sprites! Give them names, things to represent, backstories, anything you like!

You can submit as many entries as you want to, as long as each entry only contains one deity. Apart from that, go nuts. As usual, all crafts are welcome! As are questions, which I'm sure some of you will have :grin:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

silentmuse
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: SEPT Challenge - Sprite Stitch Pantheon of Crafting Deities

Post by silentmuse »

Very creative idea! Now that I have more time to stitch, I'm gonna try and throw a pattern together for this ^^

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

This is a very cool idea, we'll see if I have enough free time (and creativity) to work on it... I am already swamped with readings and it's only been 1 week of classes!
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Ooh, this'll be fun. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Oh I think I am gonna like this one!! Gonna have to think about this one to come up with a sprite or 3!

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

This is such a cool and creative idea. I just wish I had time this month to make something. Between a convention and the charity quilts, I just can't find the time. I can't wait to see what everyone else does!!

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

This is the first challenge where I've actually had ideas to work with! Hopefully I can find time to knock together something for this...
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

Haha, I had completely forgotten about my suggestion! Yay! Now I have to think up something. :grin:
ImageImageImageImage

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

So I totally ditched my readings to make a pattern yesterday and started stitching it... and found a ton of color problems. I was either missing colors, or they charted strangely (grays!). If I can resolve these issues I'll have an entry. I'm rather proud of it so even if I can't finish stitching it I'll try to post the artwork.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

CrazyCucco11
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by CrazyCucco11 »

This sounds great, and im already brainstorming, but i just want a clarification; is it ok if i have multiple sprites working in godly tandem in one piece? :confused: I could just do each sprite separatly, but they would look better working together
Time passes, people move, like a rivers' flow, it never ends...
-Sheik

Current Project:
RMDC's Ballad of the Wind Fish

Next Projects:
Hunting for a cool Dr. Who bookmark...