Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

AUG Challenge - One Game!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: AUG Challenge - One Game!

Post by RMDC »

That quilt is inspiring. Truly a thing of beauty. It could easily be the centerpiece around which an entire nursery is designed.

As for kirbydance... I'm very grateful that those gifs exist, and I guess that Hamster Dance is a necessary evil. :P
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

seedbeads
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by seedbeads »

So... I had plans to make these before I saw the challenge theme, but I was only going to make one. Once the theme was announced I figured I'd make three, even though I wasn't sure if they'd count. I don't know what game the sprites are from... but Kirby is Kirby when he's alone I guess... I dunno. :)

Anyway, here's the coasters I made. I hope they count! :)
Spoiler
-- Seedbeads

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Thanks guys! That one is a double sized quilt. I can make the squares half size and make it a lap/baby quilt. So it would definitely work for a nursery. :D I am debating if I want to make a smaller version for Magfest. This is one of those commissions that was an absolute joy to make (not counting all of the issues I had).

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

Wow, what great entries so far...
I sincerely hope I'll finish mine on time ; I started it as soon as I could (knit all the way to vacation !) ;
it's a baby blanket, it is 128 stitches by 216 rows, and with 5 colours (a lot of work to me).
I knit it on every free moment I have (to by BF's despair) :grin:
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

:shock: That quilt is amazing! I've never played any of the Kirby games but I want it!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Thanks Ally! I think if I make a baby sized one for magfest I may change the color of Kirby and then the color of his sleeping cap so it doesn't blend quite so much together with the moon. I will play with it. :D

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

@seedbeads - I think your sprites may be from Kirby's Adventure, although Kirbys seem to look kinda similar! I'll have a look and see if I can find your sprite in a sheet.

@tnitnetny - I have a feeling that Sleep icon is from Kirby's Adventure too, but I really want it to count as an entry! I'll also see if I can find that in a sheet too.

Argh! :banghead:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

blackmageheart wrote:@seedbeads - I think your sprites may be from Kirby's Adventure, although Kirbys seem to look kinda similar! I'll have a look and see if I can find your sprite in a sheet.
seedbeads sprites come from Dream Land 2, just colorized.
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy/ki ... sheet/2806
blackmageheart wrote:@tnitnetny - I have a feeling that Sleep icon is from Kirby's Adventure too, but I really want it to count as an entry! I'll also see if I can find that in a sheet too.

Argh! :banghead:
Unfortunately, tnitnetny's sprite does come from Kirby's Adventure...which makes me sad :(
http://spriters-resource.com/nes/kirbyadv/sheet/49204

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Well, I wondered about that, because the Kirby's Adventure sprites look much like them! (except for colour, obviously).
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/ki ... heet/49192
That's why I said that Kirbys seem to look similar. Think there was a lot of re-use going on! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

blackmageheart wrote:Well, I wondered about that, because the Kirby's Adventure sprites look much like them! (except for colour, obviously).
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/ki ... heet/49192
That's why I said that Kirbys seem to look similar. Think there was a lot of re-use going on! :D
Kirby was fairly unchanged between the NES and Gameboy versions, with the exception of coloring. Is colorizing the Dream Land sprites going to be admissible? I've colorized both Kirby and some enemies for my entry (which is almost finished) and am now curious if I should rush it...