AUG Challenge - One Game!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

AUG Challenge - One Game!

Post by blackmageheart »

One game to rule them all, one game to...wait, that doesn't really work. /cough

This will be an interesting challenge, I'm sure. You can all do whatever you like, but you all will have to work from the same game! After making a list of all your suggestions, and drawing one from a suitably randomised internet-based Hat, your game is...

Kirby's Dream Land!

(Personally I was hoping for Ecco, but such is the nature of the universe!)

OK, time for some guidelines.
- Please make something specifically for this challenge - stuff made previously isn't going to count this time :P
- Don't panic if you aren't familiar with the game, I will help with sprites and stuff if anyone needs it - most of you know how to tap the nexus of my power :wiz (for those that don't, that means PM me)
- All crafts are welcome
- Be creative and original and above all have fun!

Challenge ends on 31st August so you have 4 weeks in which to come up with and make something awesome!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

TheMainlander
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: AUG Challenge - One Game!

Post by TheMainlander »

Just to make certain, we need to use the original Kirby's Dream Land, circa Gameboy? Not any of its numbered sequels?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
-Jayne, Firefly

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

TheMainlander wrote:Just to make certain, we need to use the original Kirby's Dream Land, circa Gameboy? Not any of its numbered sequels?
I asked BHM this earlier and she said we can use any of the games in the Kirby's Dream Land series.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Even though it says "one game" I figured that might be a little too restrictive, so numbered sequels will be fine by me. As long as it has Kirby's Dream Land in the title! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

Hooo that's my suggestion I'm so happy ImageImageImage
I've already an idea... But I don't know if I'll have enough time... Image because there's my square for the Child Play's Quilt to finish, and also the Ravellenics 2012 until the end of the Olympic Games... We'll see !!
Let's make a pattern and order my stuff, quick !! Image
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

blackmageheart wrote:Even though it says "one game" I figured that might be a little too restrictive, so numbered sequels will be fine by me. As long as it has Kirby's Dream Land in the title! :D
Not to mention choosing a gray-scale game would make many of us pull out our hair!
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Xantheon
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Xantheon »

I'm not sure why, but this challenge is making me think outside the box again. The only problem is that my idea might be too large to complete in a month. Is there a restriction saying that we need to use the original sprites, or can we create new ones of our own?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Xantheon wrote:Is there a restriction saying that we need to use the original sprites, or can we create new ones of our own?
As long as it's obviously Kirby's Dream Land themed, I don't see why not! Go ahead :D

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I'm really going outside the box on this one. Stay tuned :) :banana

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

blackmageheart wrote:Even though it says "one game" I figured that might be a little too restrictive, so numbered sequels will be fine by me. As long as it has Kirby's Dream Land in the title! :D
Is Return to Dream land okay? Purely because you said numbered sequels and that one's not numbered, just wanted to clarify :)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com