Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Post by jelibe »

Thats pretty cool with the perler beads, I've never used them before.

Streets of Rage was what I was thinking of, thank you.

On my beach bag I have done the red mushroom :mush and the star :dizzy: ( closest I could get to finding a star smiley) now, I''ve just got to make the 1 up mushroom :1up and stitch them onto the bag. I may do some other stuff on it, I think I'm making it up as I go along. I always do more to projects I make up myself, I just think it needs a little more of this and that. My partner and son are going to the shops for football boots today, so I might tag along and nip into Hobby craft and look at some other stuff. I just can't help myself :grin:
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Pendelton21
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Pendelton21 »

Hello again,

This weekend, I was able to stop by a craft store and pick up the beads necessary to finish my piece for this month. Here it is!

Again, the piece is made entirely out of Perler Beads, melted/fused together by an iron. I used no glue or adhesive at all. The characters represented are Masa (left) and Mune (right) from Chrono Trigger, and the sword of power they both protect, the Masamune. Hope you guys like it! :cool:
Ark of The Covenant Creations: Melting more than just *!

KidArtemis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by KidArtemis »

I figured out what I want to make. SUCCESS! Now to find time to make it...

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I really really hope I get a chance to get this framed and submit it again before the contest ends...but if I don't then here's what I've got made for the contest.

It's the Kirby Mike ability, as its powerup icon in the bar as well as the image you see each time you use the ability. The ability has three uses. These are the Kirbys from Kirby's Nightmare.

"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Thats really nice. I've really got my work cut out for me on this competition. I've got to finish mine before I go on holiday (vacation) on Friday so I can use it for the beach or to the pool. I fixed the first of my 2 mushrooms to my bag now. My partner really likes how its coming on. I went to Hobby craft the other day and found some gold star trimming and some red and blue star buttons. I'm not sure whether I'm going to use the red and blue star buttons for this project, but I shall be using the gold stars. Just got to figure out where :confused:
Its been fun doing this project. I don't think I will come close to winning with what I've seen so far but its been really fun crafting anyways and isn't that the whole idea? I think it is and I smile everytime I pick my project up. Thanks for these competitions. :clap: :grin:

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Here is my entry for the competition. The POWER UP BAG

The bag was a freebie from a magazine and the rest was made with fabric and all hand sewn, Including the eyes.
I think the little stars add a little bit more sparkle to it too.

I like to think it might give me super powers when I use it to go swimming but maybe thats its real power, getting me to the pool!! :grin:

Edit: Uploaded photos onto photobucket. Thanks Johnal it is very easy to use.
Last edited by jelibe on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

That bag looks fantastic! I especially love the mushrooms. :)

I need a super-bag that will get me to go to the pool more often! Maybe I should work on that.

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

I'm almost done with stitching my fireflower and surrounding fireballs onto the black fabric I'm using for the front of my bag. That's actually the most time consuming part; the bag itself will take maybe an evening or two. I've got SO much work stuff going on right now, but I'm still hoping to get this done by the end of the month.

Any other submissions out there? KidArtemis, did you find time to make your idea?

Sauteed.Pikachu
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Sauteed.Pikachu »

I made something to that I'd like to enter.
I found a sprite on the ShyGuy Kingdom and turned it into a pattern on PCStitch.
It took me three hours to fix the colors up on it cause when I imported it onto PCStitch, it was very blurry. >.<
It took me about a week to finish it, and all the hard work paid off.
I made a stitch of Double Needle Power Kirby from the Kirby and the Crystal Shards game.
I hope this follows the theme.
Radda Radda Radda...

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

Small and simple, but an entry none the less.
I made a refrigerator magnet.

I've been working off and on for a few months or so on a secret project. Very little progress, considering the amount of time spent on it. So I'm all stitched out.
Besides, I only recently found this site, despite someone posting my works on spritestitch back in Dec '05 or so. O.o
Hence the small entry. :) But maybe next month!
Gamer, Cross-Stitcher, and Twitch.tv partner.
Watch me Cross Stitch and chat with me LIVE on Twitch!
Image ImageImage Image Image