Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

March Bonus Challenge! T-Shirt Merch Design

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: March Bonus Challenge! T-Shirt Merch Design

Post by Lord Libidan »

That's simple enough. Most places do ladies, and darker colours.

And to ms stitcher, yes. Out of interest, what other merchandise would people want to see?

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Dark shirts tend to be safest for work and while I like "lady" shirts I am not a small person (almost 6' tall) so sizing is tricky. American Apparel for example runs REALLY small so I have to order 1 or two sizes larger than normal. But oh well!

As for other merch- how about:
- embroidered patch
- mug? (generic, I know)
- stickers/decals
- console/controller skins

PS - I'm going to submit vector art, that way it can be resized to infinity! That is if I have time >.<
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I wanna see the staff in plush form, myself. >.>
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

RMDC wrote:I wanna see the staff in plush form, myself. >.>
This I like.
I like very much.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

I'm not any good at designing shirts, but I had an idea. You know the "Keep Calm and Carry On" slogan...maybe "Keep Calm and Spritestitch" Above, where there's normally the crown, it could be the heart/needle and where it says Spritestitch it would be in the logo format? If anyone wants to take the time to make a mock-up (and understands what I'm talking about), that would be awesome, but I have absolutely NO skill for it. I tried, believe me, but I just can't do it.

msstitcher
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by msstitcher »

LinkIsMyHomeboy wrote:I'm not any good at designing shirts, but I had an idea. You know the "Keep Calm and Carry On" slogan...maybe "Keep Calm and Spritestitch" Above, where there's normally the crown, it could be the heart/needle and where it says Spritestitch it would be in the logo format? If anyone wants to take the time to make a mock-up (and understands what I'm talking about), that would be awesome, but I have absolutely NO skill for it. I tried, believe me, but I just can't do it.
That is a brilliant idea!
Also for other merchandise -
Love the idea of the plushes!
Phone cases or other gadget cases would be quite good and could be pretty easy to make??
"Geekiest Wife Ever!!!"
http://www.msstitcher.blogspot.com

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

I tried again and got at least some resemblance of what I was going for...not a very good one, but I don't have any fancy programs so I had to use paint and the cut and paste functions, so please, don't make fun of my awful rendering.
Spoiler
Obviously there wouldn't be a big splotch of black behind the lettering...I was just having a hard time finding a picture of a shirt that I wanted to use that had white in the background, so black it was. Also, I'm not so sure this design works with really dark dark colored shirts (i.e. black, navy blue) with the fact that the needle/heart pattern has the black needles and the logo has black surrounding it. I'm sure it would look awesome on a red or blue shirt, though.

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by StitchPlease »

It may just be me, but I really think the "Keep Calm" thing is way overused. Etsy has over 5000 listings for it, http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?sea ... pe=gallery I like the logo idea though.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

starrley wrote:
msstitcher wrote:
kuja.girl wrote:Thought I would add that I would pay extra for a non-white shirt. Women's "under garments" always show through them.
Im with you Kuja.Girl. not only do womens "under garments" as you very tactfully call them - show through but I have two small children and white just isn't a sensible choice :nod :nod
cant wait to see how this turns out - and really great that you're doing this - will we be seeing more sprite stitch merchandise on the horizon??
I third this! Plus, a darker color would be more... slimming. :grin:
I have a snazzy design in the works!
Yup, I 4th it. I look not good in white, and gorgeous in black. And I agree on being willing to pay extra. And wanting women's sizings
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Lord Libidan wrote:That's simple enough. Most places do ladies, and darker colours.

And to ms stitcher, yes. Out of interest, what other merchandise would people want to see?
I'd like a mug. I love drinking tea and have a great mug collection :)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com