Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

JAN-FEB Challenge - "Exquisite Corpse"

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: JAN-FEB Challenge - "Exquisite Corpse"

Post by Stardrifter »

blackmageheart wrote:Guessing you don't have the PAL / International version of the game - with Penance, definitely one of the most challenging bosses I ever fought in a game.
Ahh no, just normal NA version in this particular case, lol - Penance or some of the Dark Aeons in the International version were harder for sure.

-

Leveling my Yojimbo now actually. All this talk of FFX made me pine for it a little.

Trying to get him to like me enough to make with the Zanmatos -.- it's tedious but worth it!
Last edited by Stardrifter on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunariah
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Lunariah »

Since the challenge is over, I'll reveal what my clue, "Starry hero, helped and hindered by crystals" was inspired by.

It's Ecco the Dolphin, which is the video game that sparked my love of gaming. Ecco has five stars on the top of his head, in the shape of the constellation Delphinius. Throughout his journey, he encounters glyphs, which are crystals that either give information, block his way, of give him powers to push aside the barrier glyphs in his path.
Current projects:
Just chillin' for the moment

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Stardrifter wrote:kuja.girl got my clue, which was 'Do we have a deal?'

The phrase 'Do we have a deal?' (as I was thinking of it, lol) comes from Final Fantasy X, and is a part of getting the aeon Yojimbo. I happened to be playing FFX at the time of trying to figure out a sentence for the challenge and figured I'd just run with it, lol.
I totally figured it was from a game I'd never played... but nope, it's from one of my favs! I don't remember having a problem with getting this summon, so I must have just given him the money. He's a very cool summon :) I'm glad you liked my silly blackmage/monster version of it.

Looks like whoever had my clue didn't put in an entry. I hope it was't because it was too hard.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

My clue didn't get a submission, either. I think I may have been a bit too obfuscatory. >.>
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

RMDC wrote:My clue didn't get a submission, either. I think I may have been a bit too obfuscatory. >.>
lol nice word! Mine was kind of obscure as well, but it was very descriptive so I figured the receiver could go very literal with it :) c'est la vie.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Think it may have been more of a time thing than clues being too hard, actually. Because some of those people DID say they had an idea and/or were working on it.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RAWRmonster
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by RAWRmonster »

I... disappeared for a while. Sorry. :blush: :sorry:

This was my clue: "Deep roots and unfolding fronds provide companionship, wisdom, and safe harbor from mortality incarnate."

This stumped me forever, but I think I finally figured out that it was Plants vs. Zombies. I had a really good idea though for the challenge, though! But... I got a job, and haven't crafted in months. :(
Current Project(s): How much time do you have? LOL

( ^ click me! ^ )

http://rawrrr-monster.deviantart.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Don't worry about it, RAWR. Things sneak up on you like that.

Out of interest, though - what was your really good idea?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RAWRmonster
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by RAWRmonster »

I forget exactly, but it was going to be something to do with Pikman, since they are plant creatures that "provide companionship, wisdom, and safe harbor".
Current Project(s): How much time do you have? LOL

( ^ click me! ^ )

http://rawrrr-monster.deviantart.com/