Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Theme for Aug/Sep challenge?

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Schala-Kitty
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Theme for Aug/Sep challenge?

Post by Schala-Kitty »

I like the idea of power-ups in general more than simply stars. I've done a few pieces in that vein already with things like "Knuckles and a Chaos Emerald" and "Link and the Triforce." There is something about that moment of triumph that speaks to all gamers and would make good fodder for inspiration.
Where crafts are Time Devourers

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

Yeah, that would work too...and I agree, the moment that you get that final power up is oh so very sweet...might be one of the pinnacles that drive some of us to gaming.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

Um...are we going to find out what this is any time soon? I hate to be a bother, but I have a tradition with the Olympics and stitching (Last summer one is when I did Link, and I haven't posted for you all what I did at the last winter one, but I will) and I'd love to be working on my submission for this rather than the kinda boring project I'm in the middle of...

Olympics start Friday! Thanks in advance!
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

we'll go with bonuses, powerups, upgrades, etc...I'll formally post it in a bit.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Yes I quite like the idea of this. I have something in mind too although I'm no good with putting patterns on the computer I shall have to draw it instead. I glad it runs till the end of sept, lol.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I've got my pattern made and thanks to the Opening Ceremony, I'm about 1/5 of the way done with the stitching...not turning out exactly how I want it yet, but we'll see...