Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

June/July Challenge!! - Game Codes, Cheats, Secrets...

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
johloh
Site Admin

Re: June/July Challenge!! - Game Codes, Cheats, Secrets...

Post by johloh »

By "any pattern" do you mean the winner picks? Anyway those both sound pretty cool...
yeah any pattern that I have put up under the 'my patterns' category.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

So, do previously featured projects count towards this challenge? Because I've already completed just about the best thing I can think of for this particular theme...
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

This morning I realized there's one cheat code I do use: the cheat that lets you unlock all the songs in Rock Band. So here's a draft of the pattern I'm working on right now (the colored bars are still quite messy, those need cleaning up):

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

benjibot wrote:So, do previously featured projects count towards this challenge? Because I've already completed just about the best thing I can think of for this particular theme...
hmm...i hate to say it but I'd rather people stitch up a new project for the challenge...I do agree though, your contra code is pretty much the best. Its actually basically the inspiration for the challenge.

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Oh, I'm doing one very similar to that one, except I've taken it back to its roots instead of from a later game. I've taken the Gradius title screen and erased the title text to put the code in there. It has the font from the game as well as the bullet and shield sprites. I had to make the arrows myself, but I tried hard to make them in the style of the font. I started this before I even knew about that other one though lol. Its the only code I really ever have used, and only in Gradius I and III, so its fitting for me.

Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

gillianms and icedevimon13 - looking great! I'm glad people are getting their patterns up here nice and early!

also...everyone feel free to post your patterns up in the PATTERN forum once they are polished with grids, floss colors, etc...

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

johloh wrote: hmm...i hate to say it but I'd rather people stitch up a new project for the challenge...I do agree though, your contra code is pretty much the best. Its actually basically the inspiration for the challenge.
That's only fair. I wouldn't feel too right submitting it. Got to rack the ol' brain for a suitable substitute.

As a positive aside, the new version of MacStitch is much better than the last. Still not really all that "Mac-like" but I've been able to get imported images to look right. As soon as I actually purchase that I'll be able to get some real patterns up.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Hi everyone! Here is my entry for the competition. The code for the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2, although you have to enter the level select code first.....
Maybe I should put that code along the top. What do you guys think?

I'll post the floss colours when I work out the RGB to DMC values.

Let me know what you think! Also, are we allowed to enter more than once? I had a few other ideas, but I can save them for another time.

EDIT: Ok, here are the floss colours (All DMC)-

000- White
310- Black
369- Pistachio Green
420- Dark Hazelnut Brown
606- Orange-red
648- Light Grey
796- Dark Royal Blue (BG Colour- Optional)
815- Garnet (Dark Red)
926- Medium Grey-green
3756- Very Light Baby Blue (The Highlights on Sonic. I guess you can use this instead of white, and vice-versa)
3779- Light Terra Cotta
3799- Very Dark Grey
3821- Dark Green Yellow? (Sonic's body anyway) (Changed this to 3821 from3819. I was in the shop buying the floss and I decided to make the yellow a bit more golden coloured.)
Last edited by Servotron on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

Servotron - your pattern looks great! Are you going to stitch the blue background or use blue canvas? I can't wait to see the finished product.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

gillianms - I'm not sure yet, I'll have to see what colour fabrics the shop has got in. I'm glad you like it!

I've found this free program that I used to work out my DMC colours. You just save your picture as a bitmap and load it up, then play with the settings to get the size, colours etc you want. You can find it here- http://crossstitch.jennifercowan.com
Image Image Image Image