Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Anyone up for a new challenge? Let me know here :)

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Anyone up for a new challenge? Let me know here :)

Post by blackmageheart »

I said I'd look at maybe doing something challengey in the new year, and here we are! (Ugh 2019 already lol)

If anyone feels like doing a thing, this is the thread to tell me all about it! I'm taking suggestions for everything from theme to challenge type. Maybe you want a UFO/WIP event to motivate you, or maybe you want to try something new? LET ME KNOWWWWW :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Anyone up for a new challenge? Let me know here :)

Post by FireKraken »

Ooo, a WIP challenge sounds interesting and great for the start of the new year! Pick something you've had lying around for a year and show off your progress throughout the challenge. I would enjoy the extra motivation to work on some projects.

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I'm up for a challenge :) I do have a few WIPs lying around, including previous challenges :P
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

Would it have to be a year old? The only wip I have is my Halloween challenge >.<

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

blackmageheart wrote:UFO
:confused: Does this stand for Unidentified Flying Object ? Or is UFO some cross stitching lingo that I dont know?
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

I know it's Unfinished Object, just not sure why it became a thing. Maybe since they're just floating around your crafting area, I don't know lol

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Congrats devilangelwolf for minimal WIPs! I don't think the year old part would be necessary, just to encourage you to pick up a project you haven't touched in a while. The "challenge" part would just be how much you can get done in the allotted time and have fun.

I love starting projects, but I'm very bad at finishing them, so I could definitely use this type of challenge. I have 6 WIPs just from this site (was at 5, but I started a new one 3 days ago) and another 10+ kits I've started over the years (and 4-6 kits I've yet to start). This site has helped me finish 5 projects, while also providing me with 20+ more.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

DevilAngelWolf27 wrote:I know it's Unfinished Object, just not sure why it became a thing. Maybe since they're just floating around your crafting area, I don't know lol
I'm 99% sure that is the reason :D
DevilAngelWolf27 wrote:Would it have to be a year old? The only wip I have is my Halloween challenge >.<
No, absolutely any age WIP would be cool! I have a bunch that are way more than a year old. I've promised myself (again) I'm gonna tackle them at some point!
FireKraken wrote:The "challenge" part would just be how much you can get done in the allotted time and have fun.
THIS EXACTLY!

It sounds like that's a thing people are up for, but I'll give it a bit longer and see if anyone else is interested before I make arrangements for it :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Since there's no true age restriction I'm game for this kind of challenge :3 I've been needing a reason to dedicate more time to my cross stitch ^-^

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

I'm game for this as I am already on a rampage this year to get my stuff done, however, not a single thing I'm stitching it video game related, so would I even be eligible?