Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Post by SheWhoRoars »

CitrusOda wrote:I had some difficulties in the Stardew Valley one, I ended up redoing the cow 5 times because I kept miscounting and I knew that if it wasnt perfect that I'd know. But now that I've finally gotten the cow right I am making progress again! :D
Hows everyone else doing?
I did the same with the freaking sheep hahaha I messed up on it so much, and I'm almost done with that first one. So behind lol

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Kind of sad I haven't had the time or energy to partake, but just wanted to say that they look great! Some nice designs this year and I look forward to seeing them finished. :nod
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

I'm behind too - I massively mucked up the counting on the second square and it's just easier to restart, lol.

but yay! karpyjump!
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I just finished the black on the Yoshi design. I had to re-do it 4 times because I kept doing the mailbox wrong! Perhaps I shouldn't stay up stitching until 5am lol ;)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

Got a little preoccupied by life and this got swept under the rug, but I had a few days off and managed to get Yoshi done! Now onto Magikarp!
Spoiler
Yoshi Done SS.png

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Congrats on your 2nd finish Tyrannorus.
I completed the Stardew square. I didn't have any miscounts to unpick, but I both ran out of thread with a couple stitches left in some colors and missed one stitch of a color (multiple times). Between that and the beaks, feet, noses, ears, tails and combs, I had a lot of confetti stitching at the end that I wasn't motivated to finish.
SAL first block fin.jpg
blackmageheart wrote:I just finished the black on the Yoshi design. I had to re-do it 4 times because I kept doing the mailbox wrong! Perhaps I shouldn't stay up stitching until 5am lol ;)
Yeah. I personally love late night stitching, though that's usually around 3am. I've definitely had those nights when I kept making mistakes and that's when I have to stop and put it aside for another day lest I get really frustrated. However, my biggest problem with stitching at night is my cats active at that time and wanting attention

GO AWAY!
SAL cat 2.jpg
When I was finishing the block last night, this one kept coming and standing or sitting in my basket with all the threads I was using. I had to cover my threads with a paper before he sat in it and even then one time he started grabbing the bobbins with his claw and lifting them to his face to hold in his mouth.

Quality Control - "You missed a stitch"
SAL cat.jpg
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Moirae wrote:Yeah. I personally love late night stitching, though that's usually around 3am. I've definitely had those nights when I kept making mistakes and that's when I have to stop and put it aside for another day lest I get really frustrated. However, my biggest problem with stitching at night is my cats active at that time and wanting attention
Yes, my cat also likes to interfere at that sort of time too! Mostly by trying to chew the ends of my thread, or stealing my bobbins. XD
And although I do like stitching at night, if I stay up when I'm supposed to be up at 8am it really isn't good, haha! Luckily, it's school holidays at the minute so I can stay in bed a bit longer :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Moirae wrote: Quality Control - "You missed a stitch"
That is the best possible quality control

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Loving all of these posts!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by BadgerSensei »

I haven't been able to do anything for a while, and not doing anything has been bugging me, so I've decided to do two thread lengths a night for now. That shouldn't be too strenuous on my carpal tunnel. (i hope ><)
Current project:
Epic Pokemon Gen 1 1/30 pages complete

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji