Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch SAL - Summer 2017

Post by Moirae »

These are all turning out so nice. Beautiful presentation clarington and tyran, I like the borders, the rounded corners was a nice touch.

Unfortunately I set this aside to think about the borders (and I'm still undecided) and then had carpal tunnel pain/wrist issues. After I was feeling better, I got motivated to work on a prior project and then had family over for the last week (I love them, but they are louder and more distracting than a house full of kids lol). So, no way will I be in time for the judging, but I did pull it out a couple days ago and did the first half of the second block. I just thought I'd chime in and say "I'm still here and working on the SAL"
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

paragonsoldier
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by paragonsoldier »

I too had family over last week and had given up meeting the deadline. It wasn’t until yesterday I saw that it had been extended. So, I’m here to say “Please don’t count me out!” :P I’ve stayed up until 1:30 these past two nights to be able to, just about, finish the 3rd block.
Spoiler
8D89B43C-7240-4506-9167-E3746CDCFA23.jpeg

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

Moirae wrote:These are all turning out so nice. Beautiful presentation clarington and tyran, I like the borders, the rounded corners was a nice touch.

Unfortunately I set this aside to think about the borders (and I'm still undecided) and then had carpal tunnel pain/wrist issues. After I was feeling better, I got motivated to work on a prior project and then had family over for the last week (I love them, but they are louder and more distracting than a house full of kids lol). So, no way will I be in time for the judging, but I did pull it out a couple days ago and did the first half of the second block. I just thought I'd chime in and say "I'm still here and working on the SAL"

Thanks! The borders were actually based off of the menu in Wario's Woods and the text is from Donkey Kong Country. Looking at games can be a great inspiration for your sampler! Can't wait to see what you end up with!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I'm really sorry about this, everyone - I have to delay that judging again. My daughter is ill and I'm still not in the best of health myself, so if nobody objects I'd like to extend the time until the 31st (that's next Tuesday.)
All that aside, I am loving everyone's work! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

blackmageheart wrote:I'm really sorry about this, everyone - I have to delay that judging again. My daughter is ill and I'm still not in the best of health myself, so if nobody objects I'd like to extend the time until the 31st (that's next Tuesday.)
All that aside, I am loving everyone's work! :D
Oh no! I really hope you and your munchkin are both feeling better soon.
It's always good to have a little extra time for (hopefully) a few more entries :D
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You guys take care!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

I just wanted to submit an updated version of my stitchalong - I totally finished the portal cake with some additional backstitching. I really love how it turned out with the variegated floss, and the backstitching around the cake makes it really pop! But I did it! I totally finished my first stitchalong here and I am pretty proud of it! :yahoo:
IMG_2705_RESIZE_SPRITESTITCH.jpg
I'm thinking of framing them individually to possibly give them as gifts (which is why I spaced them so far apart), but the portal cake is definitely staying with me. :grin:
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

The cake looks so cool, it makes me want to break out the variegated floss again

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

tyrannorus wrote:The cake looks so cool, it makes me want to break out the variegated floss again
Thanks! I love how the cake turned out. :good: I try to find as many upcoming projects that I can so that I'm able to utilize all the variegated floss I have - it has become a serious abundance of sweet silhouettes. :grin: Any and every excuse to break out the variegated floss between other projects.
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It looks fantastic!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson