Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

NOV/DEC Challenge - Gaming Shakespeare!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Hrontajkpa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: NOV/DEC Challenge - Gaming Shakespeare!

Post by Hrontajkpa »

Firehawke wrote:What a neat idea!!! Any plans that you may go ahead and stitch it for stitchings sake???
I probably will, but it'll have to start with the new year. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually :D

blackmageheart wrote:I love this idea so much. If someone does use it, I'll make it a joint entry with you and that person :)
Ha, cool, I'll take any partial credit available! hehe :)

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

Alright! so I got a really cool idea.. now just to get started
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I've gotten a good start on my third entry....but finishing it might not happen. Other projects are trying to call :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Ignore my previous post! Between my new project quickly falling flat and my birthday Doctor Who marathon, I've had busy fingers.

Presenting my third and final entry...quote from Julius Caesar and image from LoZ: Link's Awakening DX.
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

awwww such a cute dog of war. Doctor Who marathon sounds fun. I was stitching my Mario while watching the Doctor this whole year.
I never played much Zelda as a kid, but I always enjoy seeing the stitches for it and I think I have 3 copies of that play lol.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

I actually have an idea for this, but I don't think I'll have time to get it patterned and stitched. Might try anyway.
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

rbaron
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by rbaron »

Similar to Hrontajkpa, I had an idea I couldn't stitch.
So many things happened at the holidays (aka The Worst Time of the Year™ for Bad Things to happen) that I've just been swamped. Here's a little rendering of what I would have done lol
sans.jpg
sans.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 18656 times
Blog: http://backstagestitch.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/Backstagestitches
Travel Blog:http://backstagetravels.wordpress.com

Current Projects:
LOTR Silhouette
Portal Blanket
RMDC wrote:May the only stains on your aida be the blood of your enemies!

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

Looks like a few of us bit off more than we could chew, myself included. :sorry:
I'm just going to post the image of how far I was able to get and my pattern, (turns out I dont have enough black in the house at the moment :cray: )
I know that this cant be entered since its not finished, I just wanted to show it to everyone :D
WIP
Spoiler
Pattern
Spoiler
This was the first time that I made a pattern. Unfortunately, I made it with a free demo of the programme so this is just a screen shot. I have the full version on my computer but It died last month, I'm now on my laptop which only has the demo.
:1up :mush :1up
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Hrontajkpa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Hrontajkpa »

P1090298.JPG
Success! I was able to find the time after Christmas and get the project done. I decided not to backstitch the words and make people work a little to decipher the meaning. At least someone will be able to give Firehawke a little competition ;) :grin:

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Well..it's still technically sort of maybe the holiday season-ish, and I'm feeling generous today...

Those who got their entries done will all get gold stars! And those who created patterns/designs and shared them will get silver stars!

Happy crafting in 2017, everyone! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...