Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

JUNE/JULY Challenge - Royalty!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: JUNE/JULY Challenge - Royalty!

Post by Miss Clawful »

Oh, forgot about that. One day, going through one of my self destructive phases I deleted all of my posts in Facebook, my YouTube channel, all of my photos I had stored online, several other details, I forget. I have depression issues. Just uploaded all of my photos again day before yesterday so maybe when I get around to it I'll link everything back up again. Sorry 'bout that.

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

blackmageheart wrote:I really just want to see the progression from the Merle sprite to the Peach one! :D
That I can do.

All edits I have saved from Merle to final version of Toadstool (upper left to lower right):

CheshireMouse
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by CheshireMouse »

Don't know if silly question or not, but when I saw the challenge, knew instantly who to do. Is there anything against doing a project of a royal character with a non royal, like a pairing? Have one pattern made, but if it's royalty *only*, have another idea I could maybe get done in time.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I can't see any of your pictures Clawful.

I really need some ideas or a flash of inspiration
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

Have no idea why. I can see them, even logged out and still can. I take it that its just my pics you can't see?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

CheshireMouse wrote:Don't know if silly question or not, but when I saw the challenge, knew instantly who to do. Is there anything against doing a project of a royal character with a non royal, like a pairing? Have one pattern made, but if it's royalty *only*, have another idea I could maybe get done in time.
Sorry for delay in replying, been a bit poorly again!

I don't see a problem with your idea at all - have at it! I'm interested to see what you come up with! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

natepopinski
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by natepopinski »

I stitched my favorite royal character, King Hippo, and brought him to the his natural habitat, near the water front. I've also decided that I enjoyed bringing King Hippo around with me, so I've created an Instagram account for him @king.hippo . You can fallow his daily activity if you are so inclined. :grin:

princesspwn311
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by princesspwn311 »

Everyone has posted such cute crafts! Here's my entry. I modified this pattern from Daily Cross Stitch (Mother Nature) to be Princess Zelda. In my mind, the purple "vines" are her tendrils of magic (or something :grin: ). I modeled the colors after Twilight Princess Zelda who is my fave, so a lot of dusty colors.

Hope you enjoy! :zelda

On my copy of Hyrule Historia for extra nerd points!
On my copy of Hyrule Historia for extra nerd points!
Zelda Cross Stitch (5).jpg (88.94 KiB) Viewed 19171 times
Zelda Cross Stitch (3).jpg
Zelda Cross Stitch (3).jpg (159.99 KiB) Viewed 19171 times
Close up of her face
Close up of her face
Zelda Cross Stitch (10).jpg (308.16 KiB) Viewed 19171 times

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

So pretty princesspwn311! Love it!

Stitchmond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Stitchmond »

So I made a less colorful version of this, then realized that the arches look like windows, so I made the one pictured below so it's like stained glass. THEN I realized I could do a triptych instead of a diptych and contacted the spriter about doing a Rosalina one for me. Sooooo, here's the diptych with Peach and Daisy, and a pattern of the triptych except missing Rosalina. If the artist responds favorably, I'll update the pattern and put it in the patterns forum.

I'm trying to be more active here on Sprite Stitch, and I've started using the #spritestitch on Instagram. If myself and others do it, maybe it'll make the blog and forum here a little more active in general?

Custom sprites by Xander son of Xereus http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=sheetinfo&t=1994

EDIT: forgot to mention the dark blue border is DMC 796--Royal Blue.
Attachments
main chick.pdf
(75.31 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
IMG_20160713_175418.jpg
IMG_20160713_175418.jpg (118.74 KiB) Viewed 19103 times
Last edited by Stitchmond on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stitchmond.etsy.com