Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017

Post by blackmageheart »

tnitnetny wrote:So here is my problem. I have 8 squares. That is it. That isn't enough to make a quilt. So I propose that we extend it one more year and then that is it for the charity quilts. What does everyone think?
I am fine with this, and I'll even endeavour to get a few done to make up for my lack of activity!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

I have one recently finished that I have not sent yet. Giving people warning for the final year is a good idea as there are probably a few with half done ones.

Been very quiet round here lately guess it is not something we are able to do forever.
Thank you for running it for so long!
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

I'm sad to see this ending, but it's great that it lasted as long as it did. Knowing it's the last quilt I will try very hard to complete a square.

Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this over the years.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Clarington wrote:Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this over the years.
icedragonj wrote:Thank you for running it for so long!
This. You know how much I've appreciated everything you've done regarding the charity quilts, Toni...but it's nice to say it again! Thank you so much <3
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Maybe I'll actually pull mine out and get it completed. You know, the one I was making for the 2015 quilt. Then babies happened.

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

Blackmageheart, does a square need to be done in cross-stitch, or exclusively on Aida? I've gotten into sashiko stitching a lot lately, if that would work I could send something in. I've been making squares of stitching to turn into hotpads anyways.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

mbiogirlumd wrote:Blackmageheart, does a square need to be done in cross-stitch, or exclusively on Aida? I've gotten into sashiko stitching a lot lately, if that would work I could send something in. I've been making squares of stitching to turn into hotpads anyways.
Yes, it does have to be cross stitch on aida, although Toni embroiders some logos on to squares as well.
(btw I love sashiko!)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Officially started my Pocket Harvest square!
Attachments
20170924_201003.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Ok. I'll go back and change the original post to give you guys the updated deadlines and that this is it.

I am also sad this is coming to an end, but we had a great time while we did it. I will still continue to do charity work, especially though my Twitch channel.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Post by Firehawke »

:wiz Got my Pocket Harvest block done! (had to use the wizard smilie...finished it while watching a Hobbit movie :P)
Attachments
20171104_220812.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson