Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2015

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2015

Post by tnitnetny »

It was like Christmas today! I opened a ton of packages that have accumulated over the last 2 weeks.

I don't know how many times I can ask. PLEASE include a note with your forum name so I can let you know your square arrived safely. I have let everyone know that I have so far except for:
Daniel J
K Cooke
Jessica E

You didn't include a note so I couldn't message you. Your squares have arrived safely.

I also want to give a very special THANK YOU to Katdun and Clarington for sending me a little money to help with the fabric and batting costs. I really appreciate it!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Daniel J = Madmod2
K Cooke = kryssiecat
Jessica E = icedragonj

I'm about 95% sure that's who they are. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

So glad it arrived. Was briefly worried.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I'm excited to see the finished quilts!
Sorry I couldn't get my act together again this year, kinda took an unexpected break from stitching this year :p
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I have now let everyone know if I received your square. If I didn't message you (or list you above) then I haven't gotten it. Now to wash, iron, and cut all of the squares and then I will let everyone vote on the fabric we use this year. I think I am going to "frame" them in black so the coloring of the fabric won't impact the squares. I really liked the way that looked.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Ok, Squares are washed and cut out. We only have enough for 1 quilt this year. Here is what I have for a layout so far. The bottom left and top right will be the green Child's play logo. The bottom left and upper right will be the Sprite Stitch logo and year.

a) Are the squares you sent me this year present?
b) How is the layout? I tried to make sure that 2 squares form the same game aren't next to each other and the colors are evenly spaced.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I think the layout looks good. My square is definitely there.

The square that is in the 4th row 2nd one in (above the hockey square), should be turned. It isn't my square, but my son says that it is turned in the wrong direction right now, and that is should be turned so the head is to the left.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Thanks Sofara! I will turn it the next picture I take.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

SofaraStarfyre wrote:I think the layout looks good. My square is definitely there.

The square that is in the 4th row 2nd one in (above the hockey square), should be turned. It isn't my square, but my son says that it is turned in the wrong direction right now, and that is should be turned so the head is to the left.
It should be turned so that the head is to the right. If you look you can see the puddle of tears under his head, which should be on the floor that he's lying on. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I like the layout! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

You are absolutely right BMH! Ok, I will turn him to the right.