Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

2014 Super Swap - sign up now!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: 2014 Super Swap - sign up now!

Post by blackmageheart »

I know a lot of you feel nervous about the swaps, but really you shouldn't. I'm not aware of anyone who was not happy with what they got. You're making personal gifts based on the recipient's interests so it's very unlikely anyone would be disappointed! The other thing is, these swaps are a great time to try new ideas or techniques and really show people what you can do! :)

MOTIVATION GOOOOOOOOOO~
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

Excited to participate in my first swap!

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

After debating a for a while I'm going to sign up after all :)
Designing things for other people is a lot of fun (and very fulfilling!)

BMH - I like the new questions!
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

JenJen
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JenJen »

I love the new time frame for this, being in the middle of a move and have a crazy toddler running around, it would be a challenge if it was shorter. I love swaps and love to see what everyone else sends/receives. It also gives me reasons to go to the craft store! I love new projects! The thing that makes me worry is that I would have no idea of what their likes are. Such as a game or show I've never heard of or character...we'll see how it goes!! :yahoo:
"Prepare your brain for RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!!

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

I am so keen to do a big swap, but now is just not a good time. I will be moving to Japan for a year in lare July. I don't know how much crafting stuff I will be able to take, let alone how much free time I will have. I should be good for a mini swap though, as there is still a bit of time before I go. I don't want to overcommit... There is always next year, right?
Alos I haven't checked the forums in a bit, can't believe I almost missed this =/
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

blackmageheart wrote:
arkani wrote:*imagines loony old matchmaker lady BMH pottering around with a few hundred photos on every imaginable surface, muttering to herself about who is best for who, shuffling photos around to potential matches*
HAVE YOU BEEN IN MY HOUSE? STAY OUT!
*makes note to find a better hiding place than under the sink next time. Perhaps behind the couch?* :P
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

Welp, after some thought I decided I have to do this. As its my first time, I went for the Mini. Maybe itll give me the confidence for a Mega Tier next time around.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

kuja.girl wrote:BMH - I like the new questions!
Why, thank you! I added the questions I have to relay the most, and that I thought would be most helpful. :)
JenJen wrote:The thing that makes me worry is that I would have no idea of what their likes are. Such as a game or show I've never heard of or character...we'll see how it goes!!
I actually enjoy that - learning all about something I'm not familiar with and hopefully getting it right in my project!
icedragonj wrote:I should be good for a mini swap though, as there is still a bit of time before I go. I don't want to overcommit...
You could do the mini, and send it before you leave. You'd have to give me your JP address though, in case your gift isn't sent by then. But it is up to you, and there is always next year!

Can I just say to everyone how nice it is to have received so many messages of thanks for my work around the site, and particularly in the challenges/swaps/etc department. You're all very welcome! <3
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

icedragonj wrote:I will be moving to Japan for a year in lare July.
Massively jealous.

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

blackmageheart wrote: You'd have to give me your JP address though, in case your gift isn't sent by then. But it is up to you, and there is always next year!
I don't have my Japan address yet, but will send it to you when I do know, and have left a note on my survey about it. Even if it was sent before I left the shipping time might make me miss it, and I don't want my partner to feel rushed.
Lord Libidan wrote:
icedragonj wrote:I will be moving to Japan for a year in lare July.
Massively jealous.
I am doing something called the JET programme (Japan Exchange and Teaching). I will be an English teaching assistant for a year in a high school. It is a paid position and I am super excited! As well as quite nervous. Mostly excited though. :nod
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"